Gallo Engineering has announced the release of Studio Devil VBA (Virtual Bass Amp) for Windows and Mac OS X (VST, AU and RTAS) and the Mac OS X AU and RTAS version of the freebie Studio Devil BVC (British Valve Custom).
Studio Devil VBA (Virtual Bass Amp), a bass guitar tube amplifier audio effect plug-in based on authentic models of vacuum tube preamps and power stages. While primarily intended for bass amp modeling and direct recording of both electric guitar and bass, Studio Devil VBA excels wherever natural tube overdrive and distortion is needed.
- Vacuum Tube Preamp Model with Boost Switch for sweet bass tones.
- Authentic Tone Controls: Bass, Treble, and a Parametric Mid for variable amp character.
- Bright and Deep boost push-buttons to quickly thicken or brighten the response.
- Power Amp Drive Control to adjust natural power amp compression.
- Variable Knee Limiter: fast attack limiter variable from hard clipping to soft compression.
- 2 Cabinet Models: FIR-based 4x10 and 1x15 speaker cabinet and post-production modeling filters give the final sound the finishing touches.
- D.I. Box Emulation: bypasses the speaker emulation to allow compatibility with other impulse modeling cabinet & room sims.
- Built In 7-Band Graphic Equalizer with master level and bypass controls.
Pricing & Availability
Priced at $69, Studio Devil Virtual Bass Amp is available for Windows and Mac OS X in VST, Audio Units and RTAS plug-in formats.
Studio Devil BVC (British Valve Custom) AU & RTAS for Mac Now Available
In related news, the freebie Studio Devil BVC (British Valve Custom) is now available for Mac OS X in Audio Units and RTAS formats alongside the existing VST version.
18 Sep 2011 Studio Devil updates Amp Modeler Pro to v1.4
28 Jan 2011 Studio Devil releases Virtual Bass Amp Pro RTAS
15 Dec 2010 Studio Devil releases Virtual Bass Amp Pro
17 Aug 2010 Studio Devil releases Virtual Guitar Amp II
25 Feb 2010 Studio Devil Virtual Bass Amp updated to v1.2
04 Dec 2009 Studio Devil announces Holiday Savings
11 Aug 2009 Studio Devil Amp Modeler Pro now available