21st January 2008
Garritan introduced the ARIA software sampler/synthesis engine at the NAMM show.
ARIA is Garritan's new 64-bit Sampler/Synthesis Engine, developed in collaboration with Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
ARIA's unique and powerful features:
- Efficiency and Reliability: The core engine is lightweight, stable and efficient, with a focus on simplicity and playability.
- Open Format: ARIA's default instrument file format is SFZ, a very powerful and public file format that is rapidly becoming the new open standard. The SFZ format is also the format used in Cakewalk products. The ARIA engine will also work with soundfont files and more file formats are expected to be supported soon.
- Modular Architecture: Its flexible plug-in based architecture allows incredible customization and future-proofing; using a custom SDK, highly efficient ARIA modules can be compiled into native machine code to do tasks such as: complex MIDI/input processing voice generation (e.g.: sample player, sample modeling, additive/subtractive synthesis, physical modeling, etc), voice and master effects, and more.
- Customizable: Each product based on ARIA can have a fully unique user interface tailored to the needs of that product based on a simple XML layout that allows multiple panes, transparent images and animations.
- Custom Processing: Real-time morphing capabilities, high-order filters, convolution (for instrument body resonances and acoustic spaces), MIDI processing (for legato, anti-repetition, etc.), and custom DSP.
- Supports Multiple Platforms: ARIA-based products are currently available for these platforms: MAC OS X 10.4 and higher (PPC32, PPC64, Intel32 and Intel64) and Windows XP and Vista (both 32 and 64 bits). A native Linux version is also in the works. Works as standalone, plug-in (VST 2.4 -VST 3.0 - AudioUnits -RTAS), and supported notation programs.
- Downloadable Instruments Integration: Users will be able to access the Garritan online store, demo individual instruments, and have the opportunity to purchase sounds.
- Graceful Copy Protection: Users receive a Personalized Graphic Card Key to authorize. Simply drag and drop the personalized graphic card onto the ARIA player and it is authorized. You are allowed to use your products on multiple computers, without dongles or challenge response.
The first software instrument in the ARIA engine will be the Garritan Authorized Steinway Virtual Model D Piano Library, endorsed by and in cooperation with Steinway & Sons.
Garritan's product line, including Personal Orchestra, Jazz & Big Band and Concert & Marching Band libraries, will be upgraded to the new ARIA player. The new engine will add more features and many new capabilities to the existing libraries. New libraries are also planned for the new ARIA player, including an organ library and an advanced strings library.
Gary Garritan says, "We are very excited about ARIA. This revolutionary new sound engine will provide us with utmost flexibility to achieve our creative potential in developing software instruments. The possibilities for future innovation are limitless!"
23 Jan 2014 Garritan Abbey Road CFX Concert Grand Announced
24 Jan 2013 MakeMusic announces Garritan Harps Sound Library
25 Nov 2010 Garritan releases World Instruments
30 Jun 2010 Garritan releases Concert & Marching Band 2
22 Apr 2010 Garritan releases Jazz & Big Band v3.0 (JABB3)
18 Jan 2009 Garritan announces Orchestral Strings 2
18 Jan 2009 Garritan announces World Instruments
17 Dec 2008 Garritan announces 7-Day Holiday $99.99 Sale
21 Jan 2008 Garritan announces Virtual Pipe Organs
21 Jan 2008 Garritan debuts ARIA Sample Engine at NAMM
10 Oct 2013 Loopmasters release "Deep Groove House Vol.2"
25 Sep 2013 Loopmasters release Kasra "Critical DnB" Vol.2
19 Sep 2013 Cakewalk seeks to hire Plug-in Developer
19 Jun 2013 Time+Space announce 30% off Garritan Instruments
28 Jun 2012 Michael Hoover named new President of Cakewalk