GForce Software has revamped its website and released the Windows VST and stand-alone versions of impOSCar2 to compliment the already released Mac version. They have also released the ChamberTron Expansion Pack for M-Tron Pro.
impOSCar2, the successor to the impOSCar software synthesizer, costs £139.99 and is available directly from the GForce shop. An upgrade from impOSCar to impOSCar2 is £60.
- Successor to the impOSCar.
- Two Oscillators & 13 Waveforms.
- New Mono Unison and Poly Unison Modes.
- New Aux Mod Section with comprehensive routing.
- Programmable Additive Wave Matrix Grid.
- Nine Filter Types with Drive, Cutoff, Q and Separation.
- New Chord Memory and single note retrigger.
- 6 Portamento modes with new Unison glide voice spread.
- New Unison Voice Pan.
- New Note Pan Modes.
- Programmable Velocity Responses and New Aftertouch.
- Improved Arpeggiator.
- New Instrument and Effects Versions.
- Small, Regular or Large Interface Sizes.
- New Ring Modulator.
- New Chorus Modes.
- 1000+ Patch library featuring sounds created by original OSCar users including Billy Currie (Ultravox) Darren Price & Rick Smith (Underworld) & Paul Wiffen (the original OSCar sound designer and programmer for Stevie Wonder & Jean Michel Jarre).
The ChamberTron Expansion Pack for M-Tron Pro, £69.99, is a lovingly prepared collection of highly prized tape-based sounds that emanate from GForce's personal and extensive collection of Chamberlin instruments. If you're not sure what a Chamberlin Instrument is, check out the video below and doff your cap to the genius, Harry Chamberlin, who started the entire tape replay instrument genre.
- The sounds of the legendary ChamberTron.
- Only available via download.
- Over 40 new tape banks.
- 35 Notes per tape bank.
- Optional ChamberTron Interface design.
- 100s of Patches, many from luminaries including Dean & Jarrod (I Monster), David Hentschel (Genesis & Elton John) & Jem Godfrey (Frost).