18th January 2012
GoldWave has been updated to version 5.65, the first non-beta release since v5.58.
- New audio I/O for Windows Vista/7.
- Improved support for M4A files (Windows 7 only).
- New Open URL command (Windows 7 only).
- Support for VST plug-ins (still in beta testing).
- New Stereo Center effect.
- Artwork in File Information.
- Redesigned Batch Processing window.
- USB HID foot pedal support.
- New Tone Meter visual (audible volume level meter).
- New Copy From File edit command option in Batch Processing.
- New recording button for one click recording.
- Many, many other minor improvements, features, and fixes (see WhatsNew.txt for detailed list).
- VST support is still in beta testing. More feedback is required.
- With the exception of a minor update or two, this will be the last version of GoldWave for older versions of Windows (XP and below). Version 5.70 and later will require at least Windows Vista.