12th March 2009
GSi has announced the release of Key Performer, which it describes as "the Swiss Army knife of the modern gigging keyboardist". It's a single software instrument which offers a wide variety of keyboard sounds that are used in almost all musical genres where a keyboardist is involved.
- Several classic keyboard sounds including pianos, electric pianos, synths, organs, etc.
- A sample playback section (aka "ROMpler") with "adaptive playback".
- A physical modeling classic Electric Piano.
- A physical modeling "Wurly" piano.
- A phase modulation synthesizer for the famous DX Piano.
- A Virtual Analog polyphonic synthesizer.
- A Virtual Tonewheel Organ with rotary speaker effect.
- Two effect slots with all the most famous effects.
- An AMP simulation section with overdrive.
- A global Reverb effect.
- 64 Programs per bank, 9 snapshots for organ sections and 9 for VA synth.
- Full MIDI implementation.
- Easy MIDI Learn.
- Huge efficiency with very low CPU power requirements.
- Simplicity of use: "Versatility, Stability, Expandability, Authenticity".
Pricing & Availability
Key Performer is available for Windows in stand-alone and VST instrument plug-in formats. A Mac version is in development and will be released "as soon as possible".
Key Performer has an MSRP of €149 but is available for the introductory price of €99 until the end of March.