H. G. Fortune has released the next generation of ProtoPlasm, the "Athmo, Soundscape, Pad & Texture Synthesizer". ProtoPlasm 21 has been extensively reworked and is almost a completely new synth. With new features like Super Modulation Morphing (SMM), key-control on Delay (LKO), LFO modulation matrix and a dedicated Attack Oscillator it enhances its main purpose as a synthesizer for vivid textures, soundscapes and pads.
- New: One dedicated Attack Oscillator with 50 waveforms controllable by adjustable velocity amount.
- New: Super Modulation Morphing via Mod Wheel at selectable rows for the Mod Matrix.
- New: Modulation Matrix for LFOs with positive and negative inputs.
- New: LKO system for delay with four key-dependant modes.
- Three digital PCM-wave oscillators powered by 128 different waveforms (123 new ones).
- Each oscillator's level can be modulated by different sources via mod matrix.
- One LP filter (24db Lowpass) with ADSR EG, Filter FM and keytracking.
- One HP filter (12db Hipass) with ADSR EG, Filter FM and keytracking.
- Two shapeable LFO with pattern-like waveforms (BPM-synced).
- One LFO with 21 complex waveforms and free speed adjustment.
- One shapeable Sample & Hold with pattern (BPM-synced).
- Adjustable level for direct, LP and HP output with separate pan each.
- Stereo-delay (BPM-synced).
- Four Lazy buttons (Oscillator, Filters, LFO and All related params).
- In Pro version: Soundfonts for oscillators as external SF2 files and wav-files loadable.
- Free edition with 4 voices instead of 8, internal SF2.
ProtoPlasm costs €39 and is available for Windows as a VST instrument. A free 4-voice version is also available.