22nd January 2014
Hal Leonard has published Musical iPad, a guide through the most popular and productive apps for the iPad 2, iPad (3rd or 4th generation), or iPad Air and iPad mini running iOS 6. It's also a comprehensive approach to learning and making music on Apple's tablet devices. Musical iPad will help readers learn the most appropriate ways to configure their iPad for music creation, connect it to other musical devices, and suggest powerful apps for all musical needs.
Musical iPad provides guidance for using the best iPad music apps and demonstrates how to apply them in musical life. The authors, experienced in the creation of music technology textbooks, training, and courses, maintain a companion website that includes useful video tutorials and updates.
With Musical iPad: Performing, Creating, and Learning Music on Your iPad you'll learn how to:
- Use musicianship apps to help you stay in tune and keep your voice or instrument in shape.
- Use cloud storage to share music and data files with other devices.
- Turn the iPad into a tuner, metronome, and practice aid.
- Emulate a host of acoustic and electronic instruments.
- Use your iPad as a virtual sheet music resource for all your performance and practice needs.
- Learn to play an instrument with your iPad.
- Compose and share music on your iPad.
- And much, much more.
"Musical iPad will help you turn your mobile device into a powerful amplifier for your creativity – and turn your modest investment in a tablet device into an extremely valuable tool for learning and making music", says David Mash, Senior VP for Innovation, Strategy, and Technology at Berklee College of Music. "The well-written, easy-to-follow instructions and descriptions will get you up to speed in no time and will help you make the most of your Apple iPad."