4th October 2004
- Caching category of fxp files.
- HSB Content: added "Remove from HALion Content" right-click command.
- Added 2 new User-Categories "Favourites" (3 before, total now 5).
- User-Categories "Favourites 1-5" can now be renamed by keeping Ctrl pressed when selecting.
- Added "Save Bank..." in Global Archive menu.
- More practical numerical changes with mouse wheel for text edit.
- RAMsave: when loading fxp, fxb or a Project samples are loaded in unloaded state.
- Fixed: FX Send didn't "send" until it is moved.
- Installer can now register HALion3 as DXi (optional) in non CD-ROM version / Updates.
- Browser now moves deleted files to trash.
- When multiple Samples are dragged to virtual keyboard the root key is set correctly now.
- Fixed no indication of muted folders.
- Fixed not being able to cut a program with folders and then paste.
- Fixed various Autobrowse bugs.
- Creating new Folder in Program list is now correct when there is already a folder.
- Sample import now acknowledge names containing "-" (minus).
- Improved Roland disc conversion speed.
- Improved Kurzweil Import (Disc Detection, Multisample support, Layer transpose, Loop).
- Some Kurzweil CDs could lead to a crash. Fixed.
- Fixed looping problems when using set B of the loop.
- Fixed a problem where CC10 could mute sounding notes.
- Autopan / Tremolo FX: The Phase Fader now works as intended.
- Tape Delay FX: Added scrollbar to access last 2 parameters.
- DCA Bypass now works like in HALion 2.x.
- Cursor keys now works in Browser View.
- Fixed several graphical issues on Mac & PC.
- Fixed a possible crash while loading a 2nd project in Cubase / Nuendo.
- Reload of Samples to RAM if programs are moved outside of Global 16 didn't work correctly. Fixed.
- Fixed a crash with Ableton Live 4 during HALion initializing. Remark: currently HALion doesn't recall it's settings in Live 4. This will be fixed in the upcoming Live update version 4.0.2 and is not a HALion issue.
- Loading HALion 2 fxps or Projects that used HALion 2 could lead to HALion not finding Samples immediately. Fixed.
- Standalone version didn't support Wheel. Fixed.
- Optimized selecting and renaming Folders.
- Mac: Samples were sometimes not found. Fixed.
- Mac: Optimized Drawing in Keyzone when selecting samples.
- Mac: Crashes on Japanese OS fixed.
- Mac: Fixed crashes when loading a bank file without extension.
- Mac: The "Do not show this message again" checkbox is working now.
- Long close times for unembedded fxps extremely reduced by code optimizations.
- Mac: Fixed a crash when deleting a few samples out of a huge amount of samples.
- Fixed a crash when multiple instances of HALion3 were loaded with 256 voice buffers.
- HALion 3 caused Cubase SX 2 to not retain "can hide" status in the mixer for HALion 2 channels. Fixed.
- Mac: Installer trashing disk permissions for many folders. Fixed.
- PC: Pressing "Abort" during AKAI CD import seemed HALion 3 to freeze for a while. Fixed.
- Browser not clearing last state after re-instantiation or re-launch of the host application when the browsing target did not exist any more. Fixed.
- Fixed the browser alert "Samples not found" although samples were there and a new search did find the samples.
- Mac: Auto map to program FX was not working. Fixed.
- Mac: At high zoom-resolution the sample-names were not be displayed vertically. Fixed.
- Mac: The loop display on the loop page was not updated when "Clear all" was executed. Fixed.
- When the keyboard was zoomed-in to its maximum the click range of black keys was a few pixels too far left. Fixed.
- Removing content files from the content list was not possible. Fixed.
- Assigned key commands for solo, and mute in programs list did not work. Fixed.
- HALion 3 multiple 'Copy loop to release loop' failed. Fixed.
- Feeling when turning knobs improved.
- Using the mouse to change numerical fields improved.
- Loading Bösendorfer fxp lead to crashes. Fixed.
- Mac: 'Enable controller in release' option from sound-page mode had no function. Fixed.
- Mac: In the HALion3 standalone application the key commands were broken. Fixed.
- When Importing HALion 2 programs into HALion 3 balanced volume was not imported properly. Fixed.
- Mac: CPU Overload when switching pages while playing has been fixed.
- Switching Programs in the program list did redraw too often the other views. Fixed.
- Mac: Crash after loading a .hsb bank.
- Autopan/Tremolo: Shape parameter can now be edited properly.
- HALion stand-alone version: ASIO drive audio pair channel select was not possible. Fixed.
- Can't control Mod-Ball by keyboard Mod-Wheel. Fixed.
- Crash or freeze when exiting Cubase SX 2 after inserting eight HALion3s. Fixed.
- PC: "Offset" amount cut off on sound page on Japanese Windows. Fixed.
- PC: "Peak of allocated Voice", "Reset All 'Don't ask again' Message..." and "Full Quality during Export (Mixdown)" were cut off on Japanese Windows. Fixed.
- Archive/Save Program did not save the samples in subfolders. Fixed.
- Mac: Type search item into browser search lead sometimes to a crash in Nuendo. Fixed.
- Mac: HALion 3 crashed host on 'Revert to saved' or project close. Fixed.
- Mouse wheel failed in browser unless it was used elsewhere first. Fixed.
- Macro page failed to show parameters until the program selection was reconfirmed. Fixed.
- Trouble selecting the correct folder on certain circumstances. Fixed.
- Keyzone view: Keyboard to delete folders often didn't seem to work. Fixed.
- Changing output configuration created a softsynth track. Fixed.
- Key commands were not saved with standalone version. Fixed.
- Logic Audio + AudioUnit and HALion3 plus QuickTime lead to a crash. Fixed.
- Up/down arrow keys did not deselect all other samples. Fixed.
- PC: HALion stand alone version stops receiving MIDI after buffer size change. Fixed.
- Mac: AudioUnit parameter typing via keyboard was not working. Fixed.
- HALion3 cannot reconcile samples loaded into slots which are not assigned to global at time of loading. Fixed.
- Live 4 didn't save HALion setting (bank). Fixed.
- Presets sometimes loading out of tune when running at 48 kHz. Fixed.
- Problem with chromatic drag and drop mapping fixed.
17 Apr 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iPad to v1.3
10 Apr 2013 Steinberg offers 50% Off RND Portico Plug-ins
09 Apr 2013 Steinberg releases Nuendo 6 (6.0.3 available)
18 Dec 2012 Steinberg releases Cubasis for iPad
05 Dec 2012 Steinberg releases Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7
14 Nov 2012 Steinberg announces Nuendo 6
14 Nov 2012 Steinberg announces Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7
15 Apr 2013 Detunized introduces Universal Formats
11 Mar 2013 Thaloops Releases 'Piano Shots 1' Piano Samples
06 Mar 2013 Zero-G releases "Vocal Lix" sample library