20th January 2014
HandHeldSound has released the first part in the MAD Drum Kit Series for Kontakt.
MAD is going to be a 3-part drum kit series. It's designed to pack powerful features and concepts, such as an extended dynamic range of pure stick-breaking attitude, innovative control, and streamlined design.
This first instalment features a REMO custom 5-piece Rock kit which is smaller in size and known for its tight sound.
MAD sports an environment for creating realistic grooves with maximum impact, and a very focused and detailed tonal quality.
Playability is further controlled via MAD's custom script, featuring a totally variable velocity sensitivity, Legato grace notes, a robust Hi-Hat engine with modulation, auto cymbal chokes, and many other realism enhancements that glue things in the background.
- Remo 5-piece Rock Kit with 3GB and 5,400+ individual samples.
- Lots of velocities / 4x Round Robin.
- Left/Right hand samples & multiple drum zones articulations.
- Extended dynamic range and authentic velocity curves.
- Unique recording concept. Powerful, aggressive, and articulate.
- Custom Kontakt Scripting.
- Hi-Hat engine with Close-To-Open modulation, auto foot stomps and Legato transitions.
- Legato Snare Grace notes, Cymbal Chokes, and 'Same Hand Guard' for realistic playback.
- Streamlined UI with a full mixer, EQ and Compression, Bussing, and sophisticated control panels.
- User friendly with integrated Grooves, 350+ Rock and Funk Core grooves with Alts and Fills.
- Full retail version of Kontakt 5 required.
- 24-bit | 44.1kHz.