16th February 2012
Harrison has updated Mixbus to version 2.0.6, which provides many critical fixes for Windows including VST plug-in enhancements, Audio Setup enhancements, faster file imports, and wider support for Windows systems. On OS X, 2.0.6 provides a newer JACK and an important crash fix. On Linux, 2 FREE plug-ins (GVerb+ and Sustain) are provided in this package.
A full list of changes can be found below. Customers should receive an update email by the end of Thursday, Feb 16th, with details about downloading the new version.
Changes (all platforms):
- Improved layout of the plugin selector dialog. Allows user to double-click plugins to remove them.
- Views may now be saved with ctrl+Fn keys, and recalled with the Fn key.
- Added 176.4kHz sampling rate.
- Fixed crash on session load caused by plugin fx sliders.
- Fixed problem with Russian sample-rate translation that kept Audio Engine from starting on systems using Russian language.
- Fixed crash when deleting Invada LV2 plugins.
OS X-specific changes:
- Includes JACK 0.89 which provides support for ProTools software and improves support for older Protools hardware such as MBox and other devices. ( ProTools and MBox are trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc).
- Added a full-featured VST plugin path manager in Windows->Preferences->Plugins.
- Added missing bindings files ( "Cubasish" and "ProToolish" ).
- Dramatically improved file "import" speed.
- Several improvements to VST plugin loading, caching, and cache management. VST plugins which cause a crash during scanning are now kept in a blacklist and will not be scanned after the first failure.
- Some VSTs would freeze the Mixbus editor GUI while knobs were held. This has been fixed.
- When scanning VST folders, a dialog appears to show each plugin as it is scanned.
- Many VST plugins ( particularly those based on the JUCE library) were unable to show their window. This has been fixed.
- VST plugin windows were forced on top, which would sometimes obscure a dialog.
- Directsound audio devices are now more easily selectable, and separate input/output selections are easier.
- On 64bit systems, a 64/32-bit "mixed mode" JACK is now installed (finds more audio drivers that previously required ASIO4ALL).
- When an ASIO device is selected, the device's preferred buffersize is automatically selected.
- Systems with Windows installed on a drive other than C:\ should now work.
- Systems with file-paths using non-Latin characters should now work.
- Fixed display of High EQ band on channel strips when they are in "narrow" mode.
16 Feb 2012 Harrison updates Mixbus to v2.0.6
19 Jan 2012 Harrison Consoles releases Mixbus for Windows
05 Dec 2011 Harrison updates Mixbus to v2.0.5
05 Sep 2011 Harrison updates Mixbus to v2.0.4
14 Jul 2011 Harrison updates Mixbus to v2.0.3
08 Jun 2011 Harrison updates Mixbus to v2.0.2
31 May 2011 Harrison Consoles releases Mixbus 2.0
16 Feb 2011 Harrison updates Mixbus to v1.5.1
09 Nov 2010 Harrison updates Mixbus to v1.4.1
22 Oct 2010 Harrison updates Mixbus to v1.4
17 Aug 2010 Harrison updates Mixbus to v1.3
23 Feb 2010 Harrison updates Mixbus to v1.2
04 Dec 2009 Harrison updates Mixbus to v1.1
08 Oct 2009 Harrison releases Mixbus