Harrison has updated Mixbus to version 2.1, a free update for Mixbus customers that provides new features and improvements for Windows, OS X, and Linux. Version 2.1 also introduces special pricing for educational facilities and students.
Mixbus is a virtual audio mixing console with an embedded DAW. The key to Mixbus is that it is, first and foremost, a true audio mixer developed by a company that builds audio consoles. Mixbus presents controls in a what-you-see-is-what-you-get format with knobs for EQ, Filter, Compression, Limiting, Saturation, and associated metering available directly on the screen without opening plugin windows.
Mixbus also provides full workstation features including plug-ins, automation, non-destructive editing, crossfades, import/export, and bouncing.
Mixbus v2.1 includes three new features that help realize the benefits of "cloud computing":
- Importing directly from Freesound.org allows users to search a massive online database of royalty-free sounds, searchable by tags such as "drums", or "car engine", and import them directly into a session from the Mixbus import window.
- Exporting final mixes to Soundcloud directly from the Mixbus export dialog allows users to securely share their mixes worldwide via the power of cloud computing.
- New Metadata dialog allows users to store critical metadata inside the audio session, and also store critical global user metadata to speed up operations such as BWAV region-stamping, session copyright dates, and login details for included services such as Soundcloud. Metadata stays with the session and can be searched, sorted, stored and scripted using tools that recognize the industry-standard XML format.
To accommodate the tight budgets of schools and students, Harrison is providing three new payment methods for Mixbus:
- Anyone may purchase a Mixbus Subscription for $49 + $9/month.
- Facilities may purchase a recurring yearly site license for only $999 which provides 10 instructor/lab licenses.
- Students may subscribe to Mixbus for only $9 per month, waiving the $49 initial payment. This makes it VERY cost-effective for students to install Mixbus on their own systems. To receive the discount, students must use the coupon MB2_EDU and use a .edu email address or email address connected with a site-licensed facility.
All three plans provide free updates to Mixbus ( including major and minor version updates ) during the period of the subscription, as well as email support from Harrison. Subscribers will also receive discounts on future plugins and add-ons. Subscribers may cancel their subscription after the initial 3 months, and continue to use Mixbus without the free updates or email support. Mixbus is also available for the one-time payment of $219.00 (MSRP).
For more information visit: www.harrisonconsoles.com
16 Feb 2012 Harrison updates Mixbus to v2.0.6
19 Jan 2012 Harrison Consoles releases Mixbus for Windows
05 Dec 2011 Harrison updates Mixbus to v2.0.5
05 Sep 2011 Harrison updates Mixbus to v2.0.4
14 Jul 2011 Harrison updates Mixbus to v2.0.3
08 Jun 2011 Harrison updates Mixbus to v2.0.2
31 May 2011 Harrison Consoles releases Mixbus 2.0
16 Feb 2011 Harrison updates Mixbus to v1.5.1
09 Nov 2010 Harrison updates Mixbus to v1.4.1
22 Oct 2010 Harrison updates Mixbus to v1.4
17 Aug 2010 Harrison updates Mixbus to v1.3
23 Feb 2010 Harrison updates Mixbus to v1.2
04 Dec 2009 Harrison updates Mixbus to v1.1
08 Oct 2009 Harrison releases Mixbus