Harrison has updated Mixbus to version 2.2, a free update that provides several new features and improvements on all three platforms plus three new bundled plugins: Dyno-Mite, GVerb+, and 3D Triple Delay.
New Features (all platforms):
- Pre-installed "Essentials" plugin Pack.
- Cut Time: deletes a portion of the session timeline, optionally including markers, tempo and meter changes.
- "Color Tracks Together" allows user to quickly select tracks and make them share a color.
Improvements & Fixes (all platforms):
- Region gain is now stepped in 1dB increments and allows unlimited gain/attenuation.
- Drag/Drop region inserts and pasting of regions will now ripple when in Ripple Edit mode.
- Region trims no longer "ripple" their changes when in Ripple Edit.
- A secondary keybinding for "Add Marker at Playhead" was added to accommodate keyboards without number pads. This action is bound to "m" in the mnemonic-us and default-us keymaps.
- Select All (ctrl/cmd-A) now selects all regions AND tracks.
- The display of the range selection has become very slow in 2.1. This has been fixed.
- Scrolling has become very slow with multiple automation tracks, even when they are hidden. Scrolling speed will now be unaffected if the automation tracks are hidden.
- Picking a color for a track would sometimes not immediately update the regions in the track. This has been fixed.
- Solo Clear now clears Mixbus solos as well as tracks.
- Knob sensitivity has been increased in some cases.
- LV2 plugins now allow multi-mono instantiation, so you can put a mono LV2 plugin in a stereo track (it will operate in dual-mono).
- Recording grouped fader automation now works in Touch as well as Write.
- The dialog for "Export Region" was showing the track source selector. This has been fixed.
- Potentially fixed an intermittent crash that occurred during heavy fader automation.
- Clicking on the timebar ruler to locate the playhead while playing might cause an offset of 1-2 buffer periods between tracks. This has been fixed.
- If multiple monitors were used in the past, the Mixer & Edit windows have their position stored in that location which would make them unavailable when only one monitor is connected. This has been fixed.
OS X-specific changes:
- KP_Enter ( Enter on the number pad ) was the default key to create a new marker. However this key was unmappable in previous versions of Mixbus on OS X. This has been fixed, so now KP_Enter will create a new marker at the playhead as intended.
- MFixed several bugs in MIDI controller operation and save/recall.