17th August 2010
Harrison has updated Mixbus to version 1.3, which includes significant improvements to automation, editing, and overall usability.
- Mixbus and Master tracks may now appear in the editor so their automation can be edited.
- "Stationary Playhead" transport mode (experimental).
- Mono audio files loaded into a stereo track will now play back on both channels.
- Reinstate the ALL group for editing.
- Rationalize track and range selection modes so they follow more established conventions.
- Automation correctly drops back to playback value when touch ends.
- Write mode should not pick up the underlying automation settings during a locate.
- When editing automation, make sure the edits never affect the sound outside of the edit range.
- You can now choose the "merge files" option when importing 2 same-length audio files, and they will import to a stereo track.
- Add a shortcut to /Volumes in the Open Session dialog. This makes it easier to find sessions on a removable drive.
- Add a switch to turn on/off internationalization (this now defaults to OFF, for users that want OSX in their language, but Mixbus in English).
- Use the term 'Markers' instead of 'Marks', more consistently.
- Correctly use broadcast wave file timestamps when importing.
- Switch many instances of "Ardour" to "Mixbus" such as MIDI ports, etc.
- Dialog now makes clear that when you delete a track, the session will be saved.
- Apple plugins are no longer separated into more categories than other plugins.
- Reinstate some MISC options that were lost:
- Link Region and Track Selection.
- Name New Markers.
- Rubberband select snaps to grid.
- Auto-analyze new audio.
- Dragging a region to exactly time "zero" was fiddly, this has been made easier.
- It is no longer possible to delete a mixbus or the master bus.
- Default JACK ports to 512 instead of 128.
- Remove "JACK does monitoring" option which has no effect on OSX.
- Popup menus and windows are now multi-monitor aware.
- Lists of files & folders will no longer display glitches when scrolling.
- When soloing a track, the Sends from other tracks are now muted.
- Intermittent crash when right-clicking to choose a fade shape has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug that inhibited playback, which was often encountered after an "export".
- Region export & bounce should now apply gain & fades correctly.
- Fixed a bug where regions in heavily-edited tracks occasionally don't play back.
- Solo: when a track is in solo mode and then removed - all other tracks will no longer stay in 'mute'.
- AIFF export will no longer allow some formats that were unrecognized by popular audio apps.
- Weird punch behaviour where non-rec-enabled tracks end up with regions has been fixed.
- Occasional problem which caused 100% CPU usage after killing JACK has been fixed.
- Stopped GTK shutdown from causing a crash in some cases.
- Clocks no longer cease updating when reverse playback is used.
- Keyboard event forwarding now works better for plugin windows.
- A benign problem that caused an error at startup: "the object for a history XML node can't be found" has been fixed.
- Disallow de-activation of master and mixbus DSP. This fixes a howling feedback sound when the master bus is made inactive.
- When you split a stereo region into mono, they will now show up together in the region list.
- Menu item "Sync editor & mixer order" now works.
- Fix GUI glitch when switching editor's mixer strip from stereo to mono channels.
16 Feb 2012 Harrison updates Mixbus to v2.0.6
19 Jan 2012 Harrison Consoles releases Mixbus for Windows
05 Dec 2011 Harrison updates Mixbus to v2.0.5
05 Sep 2011 Harrison updates Mixbus to v2.0.4
14 Jul 2011 Harrison updates Mixbus to v2.0.3
08 Jun 2011 Harrison updates Mixbus to v2.0.2
31 May 2011 Harrison Consoles releases Mixbus 2.0
16 Feb 2011 Harrison updates Mixbus to v1.5.1
09 Nov 2010 Harrison updates Mixbus to v1.4.1
22 Oct 2010 Harrison updates Mixbus to v1.4
17 Aug 2010 Harrison updates Mixbus to v1.3
23 Feb 2010 Harrison updates Mixbus to v1.2
04 Dec 2009 Harrison updates Mixbus to v1.1