17th August 2010
Harrison has updated Mixbus to version 1.3, which includes significant improvements to automation, editing, and overall usability.
- Mixbus and Master tracks may now appear in the editor so their automation can be edited.
- "Stationary Playhead" transport mode (experimental).
- Mono audio files loaded into a stereo track will now play back on both channels.
- Reinstate the ALL group for editing.
- Rationalize track and range selection modes so they follow more established conventions.
- Automation correctly drops back to playback value when touch ends.
- Write mode should not pick up the underlying automation settings during a locate.
- When editing automation, make sure the edits never affect the sound outside of the edit range.
- You can now choose the "merge files" option when importing 2 same-length audio files, and they will import to a stereo track.
- Add a shortcut to /Volumes in the Open Session dialog. This makes it easier to find sessions on a removable drive.
- Add a switch to turn on/off internationalization (this now defaults to OFF, for users that want OSX in their language, but Mixbus in English).
- Use the term 'Markers' instead of 'Marks', more consistently.
- Correctly use broadcast wave file timestamps when importing.
- Switch many instances of "Ardour" to "Mixbus" such as MIDI ports, etc.
- Dialog now makes clear that when you delete a track, the session will be saved.
- Apple plugins are no longer separated into more categories than other plugins.
- Reinstate some MISC options that were lost:
- Link Region and Track Selection.
- Name New Markers.
- Rubberband select snaps to grid.
- Auto-analyze new audio.
- Dragging a region to exactly time "zero" was fiddly, this has been made easier.
- It is no longer possible to delete a mixbus or the master bus.
- Default JACK ports to 512 instead of 128.
- Remove "JACK does monitoring" option which has no effect on OSX.
- Popup menus and windows are now multi-monitor aware.
- Lists of files & folders will no longer display glitches when scrolling.
- When soloing a track, the Sends from other tracks are now muted.
- Intermittent crash when right-clicking to choose a fade shape has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug that inhibited playback, which was often encountered after an "export".
- Region export & bounce should now apply gain & fades correctly.
- Fixed a bug where regions in heavily-edited tracks occasionally don't play back.
- Solo: when a track is in solo mode and then removed - all other tracks will no longer stay in 'mute'.
- AIFF export will no longer allow some formats that were unrecognized by popular audio apps.
- Weird punch behaviour where non-rec-enabled tracks end up with regions has been fixed.
- Occasional problem which caused 100% CPU usage after killing JACK has been fixed.
- Stopped GTK shutdown from causing a crash in some cases.
- Clocks no longer cease updating when reverse playback is used.
- Keyboard event forwarding now works better for plugin windows.
- A benign problem that caused an error at startup: "the object for a history XML node can't be found" has been fixed.
- Disallow de-activation of master and mixbus DSP. This fixes a howling feedback sound when the master bus is made inactive.
- When you split a stereo region into mono, they will now show up together in the region list.
- Menu item "Sync editor & mixer order" now works.
- Fix GUI glitch when switching editor's mixer strip from stereo to mono channels.