Changes in VSTHost:
- 32-bit version created with Visual Studio 2008 instead of Visual Studio 6 for added UI capabilities; for Windows 98, there's a separate version available now that's still done with VS6.
- Loading of similar performances is much faster.
- PlugIn scans remember bad PlugIns and don't retry them.
- MIDI Clock can be sent to configurable MIDI devices.
- PlugIn menu bar break can be configured.
- PlugIns can be "labeled" by double-clicking on the PlugIn frame's lower text line.
- Pressing Ctrl while loading a PlugIn toggles the /runBridged command line option.
- Pressing Ctrl+Shift while loading a PlugIn toggles the /forceBridged command line option.
- Corrected Auto-Stereo option for Mono PlugIns.
- Expanded .vstxml file capabilities.
- Manual can be opened from menu if downloaded into VSTHost directory.
- MIDI->Parameter conversions enhanced.
- MIDI File Player can load .kar files now (small improvement).
- Added built-in PlugIns for common MIDI configuration tasks.
- /maxchn=xx command line parameter and MaxChannels=xx .ini file setting added for the (rare) setups where more than 32 ASIO I/O channels are needed.
Changes in SAVIHost:
- MIDI Transformations from VSTHost have been added.
Changes in both programs:
- Lots of bug fixes and internal changes.
- VST3-capable programs use VST SDK 3.5 instead of 3.1.