Hermann Seib has updated VSTHost to v1.45 and SAVIHost to v1.32.
Changes in both programs:
- DirectSound support added (works in all Windows versions except Vista).
- Added /nomme, /nodsound, /noasio command line flags to suppress the use of the corresponding wave I/O method for special environments.
- Added /noft ("No Fault Tolerance") flag for debugging environments; in this mode, VSTHost and SAVIHost don't catch any exception, which eases the detection of badly behaving PlugIns.
- Lots of bug fixes and internal changes as usual.
Changes in VSTHost:
- There's a double-precision variant available that uses double precision signal paths (might be useful for testing and using double-precision PlugIns).
- French language satellite DLL added - many thanks to Patrice Vigier for this.
- Artvera contributed some skins that can be downloaded from the VSTHost web site.
- Improved ASIO channel selection that allows any possible combination of input/output channels to be selected.
- PlugIn banks can be saved automatically now, which makes performance generation much easier.
- Remote MIDI and MIDI->Parameter conversions now have a "Kill" flag which is normally set; if removed, the messages are not removed from the MIDI data passed to the PlugIns any more.
- Enhanced scrolling support for the main window.
- Improved compatibility with WINE / wineasio environments.
- Added /local=<DLLname> command line flag to allow the use of a specific satellite DLL.
- SysEx window added to allow sending/receiving SysEx messages to/from external MIDI devices.
- User Exit DLL for MediaStation added.
- PlugIn menu can be toggled between Display and Filename text.