HG Fortune has released The Tiger, a new VST instrument plug-in for Windows.
The Tiger is described as a versatile and flexible synthesizer capable of complex multi-layered sounds with some specific extras from the Aux oscillators, as well as groovy rhythmic sounds you would hardly expect from a synth, and, if you want, fairly typical synth sounds (brass, bass, strings PPG, DX, lead, etc.).
There are a lot of modulation options and there is an easy way to integrate 'hardwired' controllers like joysticks, touchpads or ribbons via the 4 UCC knobs (User assignable MIDI CC) which can be selected as mod sources too. Along with Aftertouch, Velocity and Modwheel you have many options for realtime interaction at performing live.
Two 16-step Rhythmic Pattern Gators (RPG) and a 16 Step Modulator can turn pads into complex rhythmic sounds. While two Aux oscillators can add some additional spacey sounds (a little like with Altair 4), or, can be used as mod source for a wide range of Amplitude Modulation. Both usages are mixable.
Main features (based on Pro version)
- 4 PCM wave Oscillators each with 256 waves (other SF2 loadable).
- 2 Aux oscillators (monophonic) as mod and audio sources.
- 1 24 dB resonant Lowpass filter with ADSR EG and 4 channel mod mixer.
- 1 12 dB resonant Band or Hipass filter with ADSR EG and 4 channel mod mixer.
- 2 Spook modifiers with different resonant characteristics.
- 1 Amplitude modulation with selectable input and mod sources by 2 Aux oscillators.
- 2 RPG (16 step Rhythmic Pattern Gators) with two outputs each (+/-).
- 1 16 Step Modulator with three outputs (+/-/Mix).
- 3 BPM synced LFO.
- 1 BPM synced Sample & Hold.
- 1 BPM synced double LFO with phase shifting.
- 1 touchpad with 6 control pads.
- 4 UCC knobs for User MIDI CC (for e.g. hardwired ribbon controller, joystick etc. of MIDI keyboard).
- 4 channel mixer for output of LP Filter, B/HP Filter, Direct signal, and AM/Aux section.
- 1 VCA ADSR EG.
- 1 Gator (not just On/Off but mixable).
- 1 Pan for direct and 1 Pan for delayed signal with stereo width enhance.
- 1 Stereo Delay.
- 1 Stereo Reverb with resonant multimode filter.
- Lazy System with range calibration.
- Velocity Sensitivity knob.
- Visual display of LFO & Aftertouch motion (can be hidden).
- 15 voices, 7 patch banks (~890 patches).
- MIDI Learn/CC Edit for most control elements.
- Inbuilt MIDI CC display.
Pricing & Availability
The Tiger Pro is available as an introductory offer with 35% off for €25 until March 6th, 2012. The regular price after that will be €39.
A less featured free version is available, it has these limitations: 3 voices, no Lazy, 256 patches, SF2 load only for Osc 2 section B.
Watch the demo video on YouTube