Holderness Media has released Caramel, a stereo distortion, bitcrusher and fattener effect processor for iPad.
Designed for use with the Audiobus app as well as USB audio interfaces, Caramel lets you easily add character, punch and grit to drums, synth and bass sounds, as well as input sources such as guitar and vocals.
Caramel is capable of producing a wide range of colorful distortion tones, from subtle saturation and punch to pulverizing lo-fi wreckage.
In addition to Audiobus, Caramel also works as an Inter-app Audio effect inside hosts such as Auria, Cubasis and Apple's own Garageband.
- Great for adding punch, grit and sonic character to drums, bass and synths with ease.
- Compatible with USB audio interfaces such as the Apogee Jam, One, Duet and many more.
- Crunch, Crush, Girth, Sizzle and Bite parameters for shaping your distortion tone.
- Girth parameter adds subtle to punishing low end boost to drums and bass.
- Independent left and right channel effects engines can be linked or controlled independently for interesting stereo distortion.
- Use Caramel as an effect inside Garageband, Auria, Cubasis, and AudioShare using Audiobus or Inter-app audio.
- Supports new Audiobus 2 state saving feature for full parameter recall via Audiobus presets.
- Supports Core MIDI, Virtual MIDI and Network MIDI, plus MIDI learn for easily mapping your favorite controller to Caramel's effect parameters.
- Two distinct modes: Perform and Tweak.
- Playable presets, allowing for interesting sonic experimentation on the fly.
- Several stereo output modes including Normal Stereo, Wide Stereo and Sum To Mono.
Caramel is available now at a price of $4.99 at the iTunes AppStore.