29th November 2013
Homegrown Sounds has released Kosmos Classics, a collection of 800+ diverse sampled instruments for Kontakt 4/5 which is fronted by the unique Kontakt script called Kosmos.
Kosmos recreates a feature rich dual oscillator synthesizer where the samples become selectable waveforms. With a finely tuned randomization function it is possible to easily create unique sounds on the fly with very little effort, with either global randomize or the local randomizers of each section. There is also a single instrument version of Kosmos for the original 800 instruments which allows the same degree of control.
Kosmos Classics costs $45 but for a limited time is available for $20. The other major Kosmos release, Infekted, is also available at the sale price of $60.
Includes Kosmosized versions of the following sample releases:
- Alien Landscapes.
- Guitar Textures.
- Homegrown 800.
- Full Frequency.
- Organic Chaos.
Key Product Features:
- 800+ Presets one for each unique sampled instrument with a special Kosmos single instrument script front end.
- 8 Kosmos Synths, one for each collection which uses the 200 samples as the oscillator waveform selection.
- Kosmos FULL Synth – Uses all 800+ Waveforms.
- Kosmos INST Synth – Uses the more musical samples from the collection.
- Kosmos FX Synth – Uses the more way out sounds from the collections.
- Each Synth/Preset includes a custom scripted sequencer.
- Each Synth has Mono/Legato and Unison Controls.
- Requires the full version of either Kontakt 4 or Kontakt 5 to load.
- Windows or Mac OS X compatible.
For more information on the Kosmos script please visit the other major Kosmos product, Kosmos Infekted, which has some detailed information plus a video of Kosmos in action. You can also download the free Infekted Lite which will give a taste of what Kosmos is all about (remember to install the script images, there are installers for Windows and Mac OS X included in the zip).
More info at the Kosmos Classics Product Page.