10th October 2011
Homegrown Sounds has updated ARP to version 1.3, introducing some new features and a few bug fixes:
- All Notes Off on Stop – Although some hosts do this automatically, the plug-in will do it too which is handy for slow tempos especially if ties are used and prevents waiting for long notes to finish playing.
- Octavator row added – This row will force the step to follow the Octavator Mode, the following modes are available:
- Off – useful for temporarily disabling the Octavator without having to switch off all the steps.
- +1, +2, +3, +4 – Will play an octave above on each step that is selected.
- -1, -2, -3, -4 – Will play an octave above on each step that is selected.
- Cycle +1, Cycle +2, Cycle +3, Cycle +4 – These cycle modes will be triggered when a selected step is reached. The cycle will go from root note (unchanged) then +1, +2 until the max is reached, and then begin again. Because the octave step is advanced only when an octavator step is played, it can lead to very complex, interesting and long cycles, especially if polyphonic.
- Cycle -1, Cycle -2, Cycle -3, Cycle -4 - These are the same as above but cycle through lower octaves instead.
- Cycle +-1, Cycle +-2 – As above but they will go from root note to + octaves, then -octaves.
- Vol row added – These allow using the secondary 'Vol Amount' knob as the volume level for the step as opposed to played volume or fixed volume. Very nice if velocity is linked to cutoff frequency in the target synth.
- There was a bug with the sliders, the upper eleventh note would come out as 12.
- There was a bug with the 32nd note when 32 steps were used, the value would be incorrect.