19th November 2008
Homegrown Sounds has announced the release of WAV Recorder X, a new VST Plug-in that adds advanced features to the freeware HGS WAV Recorder.
The main new feature is the ability to do multiple simultaneous recordings throughout the host, either when record is enabled or a second mode allows it to only record whilst the host is in playback mode. A usage example is that you could put a recorder on insert strips of multiple channels, start playback and record each track to a separate WAV which would all be synchronised. This is ideal for recording many tracks in a project simultaneously and in realtime, ready to import into a different sequencer.
Each WAV is named by the date/time the recording was started, with the addition of a unique ID number added to the end of each name, so there is no danger of recording over any existing wavs, and all are sortable by date. Also an ID can be assigned to each instance of the plugin if more precise referencing is required. The Recording Folder is configurable via a text file which can be directly opened via the plugin at any time in notepad or similar. After changing the path, clicking on update will create the new directory (if needed) and the next wav will be recorded in that location.
Finally the ability to do time limited Recordings by selecting the amount of minutes is available, with a maximum time of 24 Hours.
- 16/24/32 Bit Support.
- Records at Host Projects Sample Rate.
- Record in Host Play Mode only.
- Auto ID/Selectable ID per instance.
- Record Time Display.
- Time Limited Recording up to 24 hours.
- Mono, Stereo and Sum Output Modes.
- Monitor Switch.
- Bypass - Disables Sound output for silent recording.
- Record Level.
- Record Level Indicators.
- Open Last Recording Button.
- Configurable Storage Directory - Open cfg file to change path, then click update to update the path.
- Open Recording Directory in Windows Explorer.
- Default - Sets to the plugins default parameters.
Priced at £15, HGS WAV Recorder X is available now as a VST effect plug-in for Windows.
23 Jul 2012 Homegrown Sounds updates Mesh to v1.1