2nd January 2007
Humanoid Sound Systems has updated Scanned Synth to v0.9.7. This version contains a lot of changes and bug fixes, most notably:
- A new skin created by Berend Vervelde. This skin is for those users that do all of their sound design using randomisation, which is quite a lot of people. It is now also possible to switch between skins using the GUI.
- A whole load of new presets (there are now 75) created by Daniel Maurer and Tomoroh Hidari.
- There is no longer a time limit.
Full change log:
- Changed frequency of DC filter from 30Hz to 0.25Hz.
- Removed oversampling.
- Re-enabled stereo width param.
- Added skin selection control.
- Improved robustness of skin loading (no longer closes host if there is an error).
- Fixed bug with setting portamento time to zero.
- Fixed getParameterProperties() so that it sets the kVstParameterUsesIntegerMinMax and kVstParameterUsesIntStep when required (changed 'and' to 'or').
- Implemented getChunk/setChunk.
- Moved presets out of source code and into ScannedSynthData/Presets directory.
- Fixed bug causing parameters to be randomised when selecting items from the right-click menu.
- Fixed kickbutton (used for randomise button) so that it is initially 'up' rather than 'down'.
- Added "MIDI Forget" option to clear any MIDI controllers assigned using the "MIDI Learn" function.
- Added code to sort programs (for my own use).
- Fixed pitch bend range parameter and gave it a range of 1 semitone to 1 octave.
- Fixed bug causing sound to fade to silence when filter goes above 13KHz in Notch or Lowpass mode (bandwidth is now Q).
- Removed time limit.
- Fixed denormal in filter causing jump in CPU when there is no output.
- Changed so that the currently selected skin is saved in a file in the program directory. Also changed so that the skinselect control is set to the currently selected skin.
- Changed ADSR envelopes so that the release phase is entered as soon as the note is released rather than waiting until the attack and decay phases are complete as before.