16th October 2013
Xenophone is an advanced analog mono-synth with 100% analog signal path. It has three oscillators, two subs, three ring modulators, one multimode VCF and analog distortion, all based on discrete analog circuits followed by a high quality stereo digital delay and reverb. The extensive modulation capabilities of the sound engine plus the warm and unique character of Xen's filter enriched by built-in analog distortion make it ideal for creating deep basses, aggressive leads, transparent and crisp synth lines, acid sequences, complex arpeggios, punchy percussive sounds, extreme SFXs and more. Besides the synthesis capabilities, it can be used as a powerful audio processor to colorize an external input signal by analog filter, distortion and DFX.
Xenophone has a rigid Aluminum enclosure that comes with a pair of vintage style hand-made wooden side panels made out of maple wood in two options: flat and tilted.
The box connects to the outside world using 2x balanced outputs (stereo), 1x headphone jack, 1x external input, 1x CV input, MIDI in/out, USB and DC power in.
Xenophone comes with a software editor called: XEditor. Using this editor you can control and automate every parameter of the sound engine remotely via MIDI and storing your patches on your PC and vice versa. It also helps you in deep and precise editing the patches. XEditor will be available as standalone and VST plug-in.
Sound Engine Features:
- 3 Oscillators with 6 Waveforms: Saw, Square, Triangle, Variable Shape Saw-Sqr and Tri-Sqr.
- 2 Subs + 2 XOR rings.
- Oscillator special features: Hard sync, Phase sync, Phase adjustment, Square PW, Shape Modulation, Detune, FM, Analog Drift.
- 4 types of noise: White, Pink, Red, C64 (pitched).
- 1 Analog Ring modulator.
- 1 Multimode VCF with 6 filter types and 3 selectable slopes: 12,18, 24dB (Lowpass, Highpass, Bandpass, Notch, 18LP>6HP, 12LP>6HP).
- VCF self-oscillation with Sinus, Triangle and Clipped Triangle wave in different modes.
- Filter FM via Oscillator1 (audio rate modulation of filter freq).
- Precise filter keytracking including: note pitch, portamento and pitchbend signal.
- 3 LFOs with 6 Waveforms (Sin, Tri, Saw, Sqr, S&H, S&Glide).
- LFO Features: Sync, Reset, Freq Range= 0 - 100Hz.
- LFO1 and 3 have 6 easy access mod targets independent from mod matrix.
- 3 Envelope Generators: Amp, Filter, Mod (6-stage DAHDSR from 1mS to 30S).
- 4 Envelope Styles (Analog RC1, RC2, Exponential, Digital Linear).
- 3 Envelope Trigger modes (Always, Legato, LFO2 S&H).
- Loop option for all envelopes.
- 8-Slot Modulation Matrix (up to 33 mod sources and 50 mod targets).
- CV Input as mod source.
- 3 Types Analog Distortion (light, harsh, massive).
- 24-bit Stereo Digital FX (Room, Hall, Cathedral, Gated, Plate, Delay, Delay+Reverb, Ping Pong Delay).
- Feedback loop via external audio input.
- Stereo output with balance control.
- Low noise and high quality VCAs for amplitude and balance.
- Arpeggiator with gate adjustment, various spans and 15 clock divisions (syncable to MIDI clock).
- 16x4 step sequencer per program.
- Sequencer features: Note Slide, (Note, Velocity, AUX Track1, AUX Track2).
- 26 Soft touch knobs + 27 Buttons.
- 88 LED indicators.
- 2x20 Character OLED display.
- 3 buttons for previewing presets.
- 2 knobs acting as Mod-wheel and After-touch.
- 512 Sound Programs.
Pricing & Availability
Xenophone is expected to be available in Q1 2014. Pricing and exact release date are TBA.
For more information, visit www.Hypersynth.com.
25 Jun 2013 Hypersynth Summer Sale: 30% Off SIDizer & Oresus
02 Feb 2013 Hypersynth Winter Sale: 30% Off SIDizer & Oresus
23 Apr 2012 HyperSynth updates Miniak-editor to v2.2
08 Mar 2012 HyperSynth updates Ion-editor to v2.2
29 Jan 2012 HyperSynth updates SIDizer to v1.4
20 Dec 2011 HyperSynth updates SIDizer to v1.3
18 Oct 2011 HyperSynth updates Miniak-editor to v2.1
28 Sep 2011 HyperSynth updates Ion-editor to v2.1
16 Aug 2011 HyperSynth updates Oresus to version 1.2
08 Aug 2011 HyperSynth updates SIDizer to v1.2
19 Jun 2011 HyperSynth releases Soundset-01 for SIDizer
18 May 2011 HyperSynth updates SIDizer to version 1.1
23 Nov 2010 HyperSynth releases Miniak-editor v2.0
08 Nov 2010 HyperSynth releases Ion-editor v2.0
02 Sep 2010 HyperSynth releases SIDizer