5th January 2009
Hypersynth has announced the release of ion-editor, a VSTi MIDI-editor for advanced controlling of the Alesis ION analog modeling hardware synthesizer in your DAW. For rejecting the mouse flicker and reducing zippering noise on MIDI port every knob is specifically programmed to transmit the MIDI messages like a real hardware MIDI controller so ion-editor knobs don't generate unwanted data with the same value which is a common issue in some other MIDI-editors. The same pages like the original Ion LCD display make the tweaking easy for parameters that need more descriptive information like filter panning, arpeggio, mod matrix and tracking generator.
- Support automation for all 234 ION parameters.
- Flicker Free Knobs (unlike other MIDI editors).
- Remotely changing ION banks and programs.
- Automatable MIDI-OUT channel.
- Preset manager with save and load function.
- Sync to host option for master tempo.
- Easily tweakable interactive tracking generator and mod matrix.
- One waveshape display for each oscillator.
Priced at $30, ion-Editor is available for Windows as a VST instrument plug-in.