26th October 2009
HyperSynth has released Oresus, a new synthesizer with "a huge range of tonal possibilities and intuitive user interface". It introduces WSM (wave shape modulation) and Complex Oscillator to produce new wave-shapes from two raw sub oscillators. Oresus features two filters with 12 modes, these filters are configurable as parallel and serial or even as a combination of both to achieve new filter types. A modulation matrix with 18 sources and 23 destinations provides an extensive choice for modulation purposes.
- 2 Complex Oscillators with phase sync, hard sync, PWM, WSM.
- 2 Filters (10 classic types + Hyper LP8, Hyper LP6) with key track, separate pan and level, polarity switch, parallel and serial outputs.
- 3 Curve configurable envelopes for filter, Mod and amplitude.
- 2 LFOs each with 4 simultaneous outputs.
- S&H with smooth function and selectable input.
- Modulation matrix with 414 possible paths.
- Trance gate.
- Pitch and mod wheel.
- Built in FX (spread, drive, cross delay, ping pong delay, chorus).
- Factory soundbank created by Frank "Xenox" Neumann.
Oresus costs $45 and is available for Windows as a VST instrument plug-in.