26th September 2013
Icebreaker Audio has announced the release of Akebono: Plucked, a sample-based emulation of a rare suitcase instrument from Japan.
Originally released some time in the mid to late '80s, Akebono re-creates a number of traditional Japanese instrument sounds using a combination of samples and digital synthesis.
Using a custom script engine, Akebono: Plucked mimics not only the sound of the original, but the performance style as well.
Key features include:
- All 9 plucked-string instrument sounds chromatically sampled at 24-bit 48kHz.
- An easy-to-use, custom interface.
- Convolution based emulation of the original speaker at various microphone positions.
- Authentic emulation of the original performance controls.
- Two additional articulations per sound, accessed via key-switches.
- Compatible with Kontakt 4 & 5.
Akebono: Plucked is available now for £5 ($8).
31 Jan 2014 Icebreaker Audio Reaktor Instrument Sale
16 Apr 2014 FrozenPlain sale - 30% off all Kontakt Libraries
10 Apr 2014 Sample Logic releases new TryPack for Kontakt