26th September 2013
Icebreaker Audio has announced the release of Akebono: Plucked, a sample-based emulation of a rare suitcase instrument from Japan.
Originally released some time in the mid to late '80s, Akebono re-creates a number of traditional Japanese instrument sounds using a combination of samples and digital synthesis.
Using a custom script engine, Akebono: Plucked mimics not only the sound of the original, but the performance style as well.
Key features include:
- All 9 plucked-string instrument sounds chromatically sampled at 24-bit 48kHz.
- An easy-to-use, custom interface.
- Convolution based emulation of the original speaker at various microphone positions.
- Authentic emulation of the original performance controls.
- Two additional articulations per sound, accessed via key-switches.
- Compatible with Kontakt 4 & 5.
Akebono: Plucked is available now for £5 ($8).
29 Nov 2013 Ilya Efimov Production Black Friday Sale
28 Nov 2013 Audiority introduces Hybrid Bundles series
26 Nov 2013 Syntone releases "Metal Can Drums" for Kontakt
21 Nov 2013 YummyBeats releases the YummyBeats Collection 2
21 Nov 2013 MaxSynths releases XS-Bongo for Kontakt/WAV