7th October 2010
ifoundasound recently updated LiveProfessor to version Beta 1.3. Nothing ground-breaking but still many important fixes and new features in this release.
It is now possible to set a default audio patch that some have been interested in and the USB MIDI device confusion should now be fixed. Also it is now possible to export/import plugin snapshots. This can be handy for moving snapshots between projects and this is the first step on the road to a new "Snapshot library". The PDF manual has been updated and should be worth a look to both new and old users.
Changes in Beta 1.3:
- Feature: Default audio patch on adding new plugins. (Options > Audio setup).
- Fix: Disconnecting or moving USB MIDI devices confused the professor. MIDI devices are now identified by their actual device name. You will be warned if a device is missing with an option to replace the device with another.
- Feature: Auto learn. When moving a knob in a plugin and the same plugin is selected in the controller map the correct parameter will automatically go in "learn mode" making assignment of MIDI controllers much faster.
Note: This feature can be turned off in the controller map under Setup.
Note: Not all plugins supports this.
- Fix: When opening a saved project multiple cue lists showed up as armed.
- Fix: Updated the PDF manual.
- Feature: Possible to set both minimum and maximum values in MIDI controller map. Also possible to choose a "Reverse mode" (See manual).
- Feature: Last recalled snapshot is shown in blue in the plugin's snapshot list.
- Feature: MIDI filter now has an "All" check box to filter out all message values of a chosen message type. (Ex. All program change messages).
- Feature: In the cue list you can now "Delete all associated snapshots" from a cue.
This will delete all the snapshots used in that cue. (Found in the Snapshots sub-menu when right clicking on a cue).
- Feature: When using the Global Cue Tool, giving the new cue the same name as an existing cue gives you the option to replace existing snapshots.
- Feature: Added Delete in the snapshot list's right click menu.
- Feature: New MIDI options window with option to route MIDI inputs to MIDI outputs.
- Feature: Plugins now have MIDI thru option.
- Fix: ASIO device is blank when opening the ASIO window.
- Feature: Save and load snapshots to/from file. (Right click on the snapshot).
- Feature: Plugin menu can now be searched. Just type the name of the plugin and hit enter.
- Fix: Patch saves Expand/Hide plugins.
- Fix: MIDI notes hang when turning plugin off while still holding down keys.
- Fix: Plugin windows, Show/Hide left panel messes up window size.
- Fix: Editing plugin name generates AV-error.
- Fix Horizontal menu bar not saved in work spaces.
Changes in Beta v1.2.4:
- Feature: Patch window can hide IO of plugins with more the 2 ch, "folder style".
- Feature: Patch window has to label options, "system" and "device". System is what LP calls it and Device is what the plugin calls it.
- Fix: MIDI patch cues, added first MIDI device by default.
- Fix: Starting the program the window could be outside the screen.