7th October 2010
ifoundasound recently updated LiveProfessor to version Beta 1.3. Nothing ground-breaking but still many important fixes and new features in this release.
It is now possible to set a default audio patch that some have been interested in and the USB MIDI device confusion should now be fixed. Also it is now possible to export/import plugin snapshots. This can be handy for moving snapshots between projects and this is the first step on the road to a new "Snapshot library". The PDF manual has been updated and should be worth a look to both new and old users.
Changes in Beta 1.3:
- Feature: Default audio patch on adding new plugins. (Options > Audio setup).
- Fix: Disconnecting or moving USB MIDI devices confused the professor. MIDI devices are now identified by their actual device name. You will be warned if a device is missing with an option to replace the device with another.
- Feature: Auto learn. When moving a knob in a plugin and the same plugin is selected in the controller map the correct parameter will automatically go in "learn mode" making assignment of MIDI controllers much faster.
Note: This feature can be turned off in the controller map under Setup.
Note: Not all plugins supports this.
- Fix: When opening a saved project multiple cue lists showed up as armed.
- Fix: Updated the PDF manual.
- Feature: Possible to set both minimum and maximum values in MIDI controller map. Also possible to choose a "Reverse mode" (See manual).
- Feature: Last recalled snapshot is shown in blue in the plugin's snapshot list.
- Feature: MIDI filter now has an "All" check box to filter out all message values of a chosen message type. (Ex. All program change messages).
- Feature: In the cue list you can now "Delete all associated snapshots" from a cue.
This will delete all the snapshots used in that cue. (Found in the Snapshots sub-menu when right clicking on a cue).
- Feature: When using the Global Cue Tool, giving the new cue the same name as an existing cue gives you the option to replace existing snapshots.
- Feature: Added Delete in the snapshot list's right click menu.
- Feature: New MIDI options window with option to route MIDI inputs to MIDI outputs.
- Feature: Plugins now have MIDI thru option.
- Fix: ASIO device is blank when opening the ASIO window.
- Feature: Save and load snapshots to/from file. (Right click on the snapshot).
- Feature: Plugin menu can now be searched. Just type the name of the plugin and hit enter.
- Fix: Patch saves Expand/Hide plugins.
- Fix: MIDI notes hang when turning plugin off while still holding down keys.
- Fix: Plugin windows, Show/Hide left panel messes up window size.
- Fix: Editing plugin name generates AV-error.
- Fix Horizontal menu bar not saved in work spaces.
Changes in Beta v1.2.4:
- Feature: Patch window can hide IO of plugins with more the 2 ch, "folder style".
- Feature: Patch window has to label options, "system" and "device". System is what LP calls it and Device is what the plugin calls it.
- Fix: MIDI patch cues, added first MIDI device by default.
- Fix: Starting the program the window could be outside the screen.
20 Feb 2014 audiostrom updates LiveProfessor to v1.1.2
15 May 2013 audioström releases LiveProfessor 1.1 Beta 5
12 Jun 2012 ifoundasound releases LiveProfessor Beta 2.4.1
10 Apr 2012 ifoundasound releases LiveProfessor Beta 2.3.4
26 Mar 2012 ifoundasound releases LiveProfessor Beta 2.3.3
22 Feb 2012 ifoundasound releases LiveProfessor Beta 2.3.2
21 Feb 2012 ifoundasound releases LiveProfessor Beta 2.3.1
16 Feb 2012 ifoundasound releases LiveProfessor Beta 2.3
19 Jan 2012 ifoundasound releases LiveProfessor Beta 2.2.1
21 Dec 2010 ifoundasound updates LiveProfessor to Beta 1.3.2
23 Nov 2010 ifoundasound updates LiveProfessor to Beta 1.3.1
07 Oct 2010 ifoundasound updates LiveProfessor to Beta 1.3