At this year's 2014 International CES being held in Las Vegas, IK has announced the iRing, a new motion-tracking controller for iOS music apps and more. Now musicians, gamers, and more can trigger sounds and control effects and other parameters of their favorite apps, in real time, using hand position, freeing them from touching the screen.
iRing utilizes a wearable ring with identifiable markers, the mobile device's front-facing camera, and advanced computer vision with highly-optimized recognition algorithms built-in to an app, to determine the precise positioning of the ring markers. The device camera picks up the positioning of the ring patterns and the apps convert that information into music commands for dedicated app or MIDI information, which any compatible music app can read. This means that a user can now operate up to six controllable music parameters in their preferred music apps with one or two hands gestures.
iRing includes two identical double-sided ring controllers, plus two free apps for music applications, which target everyone from music lovers to DJs to seasoned musicians: iRing Music Maker and iRing FX/Controller.
Check out iRing and the included apps in action in this overview video: youtu.be/w4YTODlyB9g
iRing technology can easily be utilized beyond music apps, so IK encourage game, health & fitness, utility and other app developers to contact them to take advantage of the technology and improve the functionality and control of apps with iRing. Check out iRing controlling this classic video game: youtu.be/J3ZXdcItNSM
For music app developers, IK have an SDK and a free licensing program available upon request for developers who want to take advantage of this technology to integrate motion control into their apps.
- Ring controller, in tandem with either of two included apps featuring advanced motion-tracking technology, allows remote control of iOS app and app parameters using hand gestures.
- Great for musicians and non-musicians alike.
- Includes two identical, two-pattern reversible rings, allowing for numerous control combinations and the control up to 6 effect parameters simultaneously with two hands.
- Rings are unique looking, light, comfortable and provide a universal fit.
- Included iRing Music Maker app allows novices to make music using hand gestures.
- Included iRing FX/Controller app lets musicians and DJs create custom MIDI control setups, plus add and control audio effects when used together with other music apps via Inter-App Audio or Audiobus.
Pricing & Availability
iRing will cost $24.99/€19.99 (exc. taxes), and will be available in Q1 2014 in three colors (white, green and silver) at music and electronics retailers worldwide. Pre-orders are already available on the IK Multimedia online store and selected stores. iRing FX/Controller and iRing Music Maker apps will be available as free downloads from the App Store.
To learn more about iRing click here
To Pre-order the iRing from the IK Store click here
To try out iRing for yourself in person, see details for CES and NAMM shows here
23 Jan 2014 IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic HD
19 Jan 2014 IK SampleTank for iOS Special Sale (50% Off)
12 Dec 2013 IK releases UltraTuner for iOS
12 Dec 2013 IK Holiday Promotion - 50% Off Apps
30 Nov 2013 75% Off IK's "Total" Bundles
24 Nov 2013 IK Black Friday / Cyber Monday Apps Sale
19 Nov 2013 IK releases iLoud - Portable Stereo Speaker
14 Nov 2013 IK Xpansion Tank Group Buy (50% Off & BOGOF)
04 Nov 2013 IK Deal: AmpliTube 3 Now Half Price
10 Oct 2013 iRig BlueBoard is now shipping