iRig Mix ($99.99/€74.99 <excl. tax> available February 2012) allows DJs to use a traditional setup with two devices (one plugged into each of the independent channels) OR a single iOS device. For the single iOS device setup, the output of the single device is split into dual-mono and sent to the individual channels. Additionally it can be used for mixing any type of audio source (mp3 players, CD players, etc.) with an iOS device using automatic tempo matching and beat-syncing. This is accomplished with X-Sync, a feature that works in combination with the DJ Rig free app from IK Multimedia that is included with iRig Mix.
iRig MIX also provides a mixing solution for solo musicians or small ensembles that use one or more iOS devices to play live. It features an extra guitar/microphone input that facilitates processing with popular apps like AmpliTube and VocaLive or any other app that offers real-time audio processing. Its standard RCA connectors provide easy, direct connection to PA systems or powered speakers.
The ultra-compact size and low profile of the iRig Mix allows it to easily be carried in a regular iPad bag. Plus its low-voltage power requirements (only 5VDC) allow it to be powered not only by any regular mobile device charger but also by suitable iOS battery pack and laptop USB port for maximum mobility to mix anywhere.
iRig MIX includes 4 free apps (downloads from the iTunes app store):
- DJ Rig, the new professional DJ mixing app from IK.
- AmpliTube, the popular iOS guitar amp and effects app.
- VocaLive the processing app for singers and vocalists.
- GrooveMaker, the loop-based beat and groove making app.
- 2 stereo inputs with gain, bass, treble and volume controls, independent cue on each channel with LED indication and channel crossfader.
- Instrument/microphone/extra input with volume control can be processed by iOS apps (such as AmpliTube, VocaLive).
- Stereo output with RCA connectors, master level and LED meters.
- High quality, pristine sound.
- Quality headphone output for master or cue monitoring with independent volume control.
- Input switch splits Input 1 into dual-mono for use with DJ mixing apps on a single iOS device.
- “X-Sync” mode allows auto-sync with any audio source using the included DJ Rig free app.
- Can also be powered with battery packs and mobile chargers.
- Includes 4 free apps: DJ Rig, AmpliTube, VocaLive, GrooveMaker.
iRig Mic Cast ($39.99/€29.99 <excl. tax> available Q1 2012) provides a pocket-sized voice recording solution with crystal-clear audio quality. It features a tight unidirectional pickup pattern that minimizes background noise making it ideal for single-source audio recording.
- Features a stereo mini-jack headphone output which enables real-time monitoring of what is being recorded using headphones or speakers.
- Offers a mini-switch that provides two different sensitivity settings to record close-up or distant sources.
- Includes an adjustable desktop stand for convenient iPhone/iPod touch positioning during recording.
- Has a bumper-friendly mini-jack connector that fits the majority of iPhone/iPod touch cases.
- Has an ultra-compact profile that can be carried anywhere with ease.
- Like other IK Multimedia microphones, it includes 2 free apps: iRig Recorder, an easy-to-use voice recording/editing app, and VocaLive, a multi-effects processing app for singers.
- Works with all regular phone calls and any Voice-Over-IP app.
- Is compatible with iPhone/iPod touch/iPad.
iRig STOMP ($59.99/€44.99 <excl. tax>, available in Q2) is the first stompbox guitar interface for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, according to IK. Guitar and bass players can now integrate their favorite iOS signal processing apps into their existing live pedalboard setup for enhanced tone shaping and effects processing.
- Compact, durable yet lightweight, aluminum-cast enclosure integrates easily into any traditional pedalboard.
- Can be used inline with other effects pedals, or directly connected to amplifiers or PA systems using regular ¼” guitar cables with no need for adapters.
- Allows precise adjustment of the signal for perfect guitar and bass levels with its large input gain knob.
- Active battery-powered output circuit improves headroom, especially when used with high-gain amplifiers in the AmpliTube app reducing feedback and crosstalk when recording.
- The bypass switch allows engaging or bypassing the AmpliTube app chain of effects – like a traditional stompbox – for seamless integration into any existing rig.
- Ultra-compact form-factor can be easily carried on the road.
- Features a 3.5mm/1/8” jack for silent practicing with headphones.
- Includes AmpliTube FREE app and can be used with any other guitar processing app that uses the iOS mini-jack.
09 Apr 2013 IK Multimedia iLine Cable Kit Now Shipping
15 Mar 2013 IK Multimedia releases iRig Recorder for Android
11 Mar 2013 IK Multimedia SampleTank for iOS updated to v1.4
14 Feb 2013 IK Multimedia releases iLectric Piano for iPad
24 Jan 2013 IK Multimedia announces iRig BlueBoard
04 Jul 2008 Yamaha announces Music Production Power Pack
19 Jan 2007 Mackie releases Tracktion 3
06 Jul 2004 New Banks Uploaded