15th March 2013
IK has released their first Android App, iRig Recorder, now available on the Google Play Store. iRig Recorder is a free audio-recording app for your mobile Android device for field recording, and makes it easy to capture interviews, music performances, rehearsals, lectures, and more.
iRig Recorder for Android provides Android phone and tablet users with recording, multiple effects, and sharing features. It's designed to be a powerful yet simple audio-capture app that can be expanded via in-app purchase to include waveform editing and additional effects processing. It works with Android compatible IK accessories like the iRig MIC, iRig MIC Cast and iRig PRE as well as other compatible input devices.
- No set up required – just launch the app and hit record.
- Auto record feature – the recording immediately starts as soon as the app is launched to catch the moment.
- No recording time limit – the recording time is determined by the available space on your device.
- Recordings are automatically grouped by recording date and tagged with geo location info for quick locating.
- Extremely easy to use – simple editing lets you cut and crop your recordings.
- Non-destructive editing – the original recording file is always kept as a backup.
- Export your files in OGG compressed format and WAV uncompressed format.
- Files can be sent via E-Mail, FTP upload, Bluetooth, copying from the phone via USB cables or from SD card or shared and stored via apps installed on the device.
- High-quality audio processors automatically optimize levels and tone.
Available Automatic Audio Processors
- Optimize Volume: automatically adjusts for optimal volume.
- Optimize Tone: automatically adjusts for optimal equalization.
- Cleanup: automatically cleans up the background noise in recordings.
- Brighten Voice: automatically increases clarity of speech and vocals.
- Smooth Voice: automatically smooths harsh or overly bright vocals.
- Speed Up: decreases the duration of the recording without altering its pitch.
- Slow Down: increases the duration of the recording without altering its pitch.
- Pitch Shift: raises or lowers the pitch of the recording without changing duration.
- Pitch and time-based effects let you change the speed of your recordings (without affecting pitch) to adapt your audio content to other media such as video, and change the pitch of your recordings without affecting the duration.
Price: Free at the Google Play Store. Editing, and additional effects processing can be added via in-app purchase for $4.99/€4.49.
09 Apr 2013 IK Multimedia iLine Cable Kit Now Shipping
15 Mar 2013 IK Multimedia releases iRig Recorder for Android
11 Mar 2013 IK Multimedia SampleTank for iOS updated to v1.4
14 Feb 2013 IK Multimedia releases iLectric Piano for iPad
24 Jan 2013 IK Multimedia announces iRig BlueBoard