10th November 2011
VocaLive for iPad takes the vocal processing app for the iPhone and iPod touch and makes it more powerful. The iPad version adds a fourth effect slot to the signal processing chain, and two of those effect slots can hold the specific “vocal effects” compared to just one vocal effect per chain on the iPhone version. The preset browser is also available in the main window of the interface making loading and saving VocaLive presets easier. The Favorites section has been expanded from 4 to 40 in the iPad version utilizing a new bank button. Favorites put presets right in the bottom panel on large, accessible buttons for immediate loading of the artist’s most-used settings.
VocaLive can be used on stage or any mobile studio location with IK’s iRig MIC. The iRig MIC’s Dual mini-jack connector allows real-time monitoring on headphones, speakers, mixers and PAs. VocaLive and iRig MIC together let the user make professional audio recordings and performances anywhere on the iPad. VocaLive can also be used to record quick ideas using the built-in iPad mic or with earbuds that have a built-in mic.
The included audio recorder of VocaLive for iPad can be expanded to an extremely flexible 8-track mobile studio with easy-to-use volume, pan, insert effects and two send levels for each track along with a full-featured master effects section with Reverb, Chorus and Delay for track sends, and a global parametric EQ and compressor for final mastering. You can use the handy “Apply FX” feature to subtly or radically change the sound of your recorded vocals and instruments without having to re-record them.
VocaLive provides vocalists with a suite of 12 real-time professional vocal effects along with a capable recorder for studio quality sound in a portable package. The effects can be combined into a chain of four processors and saved as presets. A collection of 50 factory Presets is included. User presets can be stored, and their number is limited only by the available memory of the iPad itself.
VocaLive includes 5 Vocal Effects along with 7 Studio Effects that together create the perfect vocal processing solution.
- Pitch Fix (for tuning correction or stylized quantization FX).
- Choir (a 3-part harmonizer).
- Morph (an X-Y pitch and formant shifter that changes the tonal quality of the voice from subtle deepening to radical gender bending).
- Double (Double effect gets unlocked by registering).
- Parametric EQ.
- Envelope Filter.
VocaLive provides the ability to sing along with favorite songs from the user’s iTunes library (with a Voice Cancel feature for practising over songs with existing vocals) and also perform vocal warm-up exercises with the included Vocal Tools.
- Real-time vocal processor + recording app.
- 4-processor vocal effects chain.
- 12 professional studio quality vocal effects.
- Single-track Recorder expandable to a full 8-track recording studio available for in-app purchase.
- Import and play songs for use as backing tracks directly from your iPod library or computer.
- Voice Cancel feature lets you create sing-along backing tracks by removing the vocal track from existing recordings.
- 50 factory Presets included with 40 Favorites for fast recall.
- Number of user Presets limited only by device memory.
- Includes metronome and vocal warm-up tools.
- Low-latency for real time vocal processing.
- FREE version also available.
Pricing & Availability
VocaLive for iPad is now available from the iTunes App Store for $19.99/€15.99. A Free, expandable version is also available that allows the user to purchase the individual effects a-la-carte inside the app. Vocal Effects cost $4.99/€3.99 each, and Studio Effects cost $2.99/€2.39 each. The 8-Track Recorder for both the Free and Full versions costs $14.99/€11.99.
iRig MIC, the condenser microphone for iPhone/iPod touch/iPad designed to be used with VocaLive costs $59.99/€49.99 (excluding taxes).
09 Apr 2013 IK Multimedia iLine Cable Kit Now Shipping
15 Mar 2013 IK Multimedia releases iRig Recorder for Android
11 Mar 2013 IK Multimedia SampleTank for iOS updated to v1.4
14 Feb 2013 IK Multimedia releases iLectric Piano for iPad
24 Jan 2013 IK Multimedia announces iRig BlueBoard