19th December 2013
IK has announced the release of GrooveMaker 2 for iPhone and iPod touch. This a new version of the mobile loop based music making app has been completely redesigned with a slew of powerful new features, giving users total control over their creations while functioning as a live performance app.
GrooveMaker 2 provides a new and intuitive way of making music by using groups of loops called songs (60 loops per song) that always sound good together, and users use these to build build grooves and complete songs. GrooveMaker 2 gives users ability to mix and remix their creations from a newly designed iOS 7 style interface and intuitive controls, loop import, automatic mixing controls, loop effects, mastering effects, groove sequencing and export controls.
There are millions of groove possibilities that can be constructed and deconstructed with GrooveMaker 2. Over 3,600 available loops from a continually expanding library of over 60 collections for virtually every style of groove music including House, DubStep, Hip-Hop, Techno, Electro, D'n'B, Trance, Reggae, Reggaeton, Rock, and artist's packs from Ace of Skunk Anansie, Chris Domingo and Cool & Dre and more.
There are tons of new and powerful performance features in GrooveMaker 2. The new Grid Interface allows users to "draw" new grooves by dragging their finger across the screen, as well as being able to change the length of individual loops and grooves down to 1/4 of a bar. Additionally, GrooveMaker 2's time-stretch engine allows complete tempo changes (up to 200% and down to 50%) without affecting the pitch of the loops.
GrooveMaker 2 also features a suite of up to 16 creative effects users can apply "on the fly" to mixes and grooves, including staple effects like delay, reverb, filter, flange and wah, but also specialized effects designed for live DJ performance like stutter, noise, twist, tail, brake and spin. Furthermore, one of the most requested features is now fully implemented in GrooveMaker 2: audio recording and audio import (E-mail, FTP, SoundCloud, and more).
Some of the new features:
- Completely redesigned iOS7 style interface.
- New single application allows you to have all your loop collections in one place via in-app purchase (any GrooveMaker 1 loop packs bought previously are unlocked and usable in GrooveMaker 2 upon registration).
- 16 Packs available in 60 song collections (1 song included in the free version, 4 songs included in the full version and more available via in-app purchase).
- New Grid interface allows for simplified loop remixing – even by "drawing".
- Single loop duration and groove duration can be freely selected down to ¼ bar, with new 1/8 to 1/32 live-repeat function on full grooves for dramatic effects.
- 16 available FX with automation and touch-pad like interface.
- IMPORT functions allows to import audio files or record your own grooves within the existing collection (available for in-app purchase in the Free version).
- New high-quality time-stretch for seamless groove tempo variation from 50% to 200% of original BPM without changing the pitch.
- New real-time recorder of your remixing performance.
- New master control with Compressor, EQ and Filter.
- New sharing features include Audio Copy, E-mail, Wi-Fi, FTP and SoundCloud.
- Compatible with Audiobus, Inter-App Audio and X-Sync.
Preview some of the demo sounds here
16 Apr 2014 IK releases AmpliTube Orange for iOS
02 Apr 2014 IK Total Bundles Deal: Up To 65% Off
23 Jan 2014 IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic HD
19 Jan 2014 IK SampleTank for iOS Special Sale (50% Off)
12 Dec 2013 IK releases UltraTuner for iOS
12 Dec 2013 IK Holiday Promotion - 50% Off Apps
30 Nov 2013 75% Off IK's "Total" Bundles
24 Nov 2013 IK Black Friday / Cyber Monday Apps Sale
19 Nov 2013 IK releases iLoud - Portable Stereo Speaker
14 Nov 2013 IK Xpansion Tank Group Buy (50% Off & BOGOF)