IK Multimedia has announced that all of its virtual instruments are on sale from April 1 – May 31, 2011, with each title sold and registered supporting a $5 donation to the Japanese Red Cross Society to aid victims of the March 2011 Japanese tsunami. To participate, customers may purchase any of the following virtual instruments for just $99.99/€74.99* each during the promotion: SampleTank 2.5 XL, Miroslav Philharmonik, Sonik Synth 2, SampleTron and SampleMoog.
Customers should use the promo code SOUNDS on the IK Webstore or visit a local IK reseller to purchase these software instruments at the special price. For every registration received, IK Multimedia will donate $5 to the Japanese Red Cross Society.
IK Multimedia is also making a separate donation of $5,000 to the cause. This is in addition to the $5 per registration donation.
Shion Tamura from Media Integration, IK's Japanese distributor, wanted to share his experience and thoughts about the recent events in Japan:
"We felt the ground shake heavily even in Tokyo at 2:46 p.m. on March 11, but it was only after we had returned home and watched the TV news that we realized the amount of devastation. We send our heartfelt sympathies to the people who were directly hit by the massive earthquake and tsunami. At the same time, we are moved to see people trying to keep their spirits up and willing to help each other. We see teenagers spreading tips on how to save energy and make a difference. We see professional musicians making a song every day and uploading it to be listened for free."
"The importance of music is bigger than ever at a time like this. So, we felt really glad when we heard IK Multimedia would run a special promotion with a donation for the victims. The support and thoughts from fellow musicians around the world mean a lot to us."
"We want to extend a big Arigato to everyone for your enthusiastic support."
About IK Multimedia's Virtual Instruments included in the Hot Buy Promotion:
- SampleTank 2.5 XL is a synth-workstation. With an exclusive combination of features and sounds, this plug-in is a powerful and easy-to-use solution for making fully produced songs straight out of the box.
- Sample Moog offers over 1,900 basses, leads, pads and effect sounds from the very first Moog Modular systems to rare Minimoogs, Taurus Bass Pedals, Polymoogs, Memorymoogs and more.
- Miroslav Philharmonik is a powerful integrated Orchestral Workstation combining the legendary Miroslav Orchestral and Choir sample collection masterpieces with a dedicated plug-in instrument specifically tailored toward classical sounds and arrangements.
- Sonik Synth 2 is a synth workstation with more synths and instrument sounds that any other comparable hardware or software. Put together in a collaboration between IK Multimedia and Sonic Reality,.
- SampleTron combines the authentic recreation of "Tron" sounds such as Mellotrons, and Chamberlins with the powerful SampleTank engine to take those nostalgic sounds into the future.
For more information, please visit: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/vihotbuy
* all prices listed above are excluding taxes.