17th April 2012
Image-Line has announced that the FL Studio 10.5 (beta) is available to registered customers for testing.
While FL Studio has continued to gain popularity in home & professional studios, the path from studio to stage hasn't been as clear it could be. Image-Line say they are excited how FL Studio 10.5 changes that.
Watch Performance Mode video Playlist on YouTube to find out how they developed the feature.
Notable changes to FL Studio 10.5 (beta):
- Performance Mode - Trigger Clips using your mouse, touch screen, typing keyboard or MIDI controller.
- New controllers supported - APC20/40, Launchpad, Block, Maschine / Maschine Mikro, padKONTROL.
- Unique controller MIDI input port - Controllers can now be assigned unique input & output ports for feedback.
- Linking includes MIDI input port - Links now use MIDI input ports to avoid conflict between controllers.
- New Content Library - The content library has received a complete overhaul based on user input.
- Options > Project general settings > Play truncated notes in clips - Restores notes overlapping slice points in Pattern Clips.
- Horizontal/Vertical movement locking - Shift (horizontal lock) & Ctrl (vertical lock) when moving items.
- Piano roll click & hold functions - Glue notes, Mouse wheel velocity change, Mouse wheel tool select.
- Piano roll - Brush tool: Monophonic step mode (hold shift for old behavior). Chop chords: Strum & Articulate tools.
- Improved Tap Tempo & Fine control - Updated algorithm + nudge control for Performance Mode.
- Instrument Channels - Ctrl+mouse wheel on Channel button to change the mixer track.
- Stay open sub-menus - Right click to check several menu items without closing them.
- Plugin Picker - Start typing plugin names to highlight entries.
- Right-click data enter - Most controls now allow a Right-click option to type in values.
Why beta? FL Studio 10.5 beta marks the transition to features that will find their way into FL Studio 11. Image-Line develop FL Studio through a series of public betas that culminate in the next official version. 10.5 is the first in the series of coming betas that will culminate in FL Studio 11. In this way they can ensure all new features are thoroughly tested and customers can hit the ground running with the final release.
24 Feb 2014 Image-Line updates IL Remote for iOS and Android
18 Dec 2013 Image Line End of Year Sale: 40 to 70% Off
28 Nov 2013 Image Line updates FL Studio to v11.0.4
15 May 2013 Image Line releases FL Studio 11
19 Apr 2013 Image Line releases FL Studio Mobile for Android
16 Apr 2013 Image Line releases Deckadance 2
01 May 2012 Image-Line updates FL Studio Mobile to v1.4.1
16 Apr 2012 Image Line updates FL Studio Mobile to v1.4
19 Sep 2011 Image Line releases Harmor - Additive Synth
09 Apr 2013 Novation announces LaunchPad S
19 Jun 2003 FL Studio Winners!
10 Jun 2003 Vote for the FL Studio Winners!
08 May 2003 New Competition : Win FL Studio!