16th April 2013
Image Line has released version 2.0 of the DJ mixing application Deckadance for Windows and Mac OS X, a free update for existing customers.
Deckadance 2 represents a complete overhaul of the program in response to 8 years experience and customer feedback. Ideally suited to the evolving DJ scene with live-remixing as key, Deckadance 2 integrates the features more commonly found in DAW software such as FL Studio, Cubase or Live, used by producers to remix music. These features include loop-triggering and playback, automatable effects/GUI and VST plugin support.
Notable & New Features:
- Decks – Switch between 2 or 4 decks.
- Smartknobs - Link a single knob to any number of FX & Mixer interface targets under user-programmable envelope control.
- GrossBeat - 8 user defined FX per deck with integrated editor. Programmable and automated glitch, stutter & scratch functions.
- Isolator Effects - Up to 3 chained insert effects per track (choose from 10) applied independently to High/Mid or Low band.
- Sampler – 1/32 to 16 step beat-matched easy sampling. One shot, trigger, retrigger and loop modes.
- Smart Panels – User configurable Loop, Cue, Grid, DVS, Key, Smart Knob and Tempo panels. From 2 to 8 per deck.
- Customizable interface – Show only the features you use. Configure decks and smart panels to show your most used features.
- VSTi host & client - Hosts VST plugins. Includes Effector VST plugin (see below).
- Total MIDI Support – Wide range of pre-mapped MIDI controllers and the ability to custom map any MIDI controller to work with Deckadance 2.
- Library – iTunes library support. Play lists and automated mixing options.
In addition to the internal effects, Deckadance 2 includes the Effector VST plugin with 12 performance oriented effects: Distortion, Lo-Fi bit reduction, Flanging, Phasing, Filter (low/high pass), Delay, Reverb, Stereo panning & binaural effect, Gating, Granulizer, Vocal formant and Ring modulation effects.
Editions & Pricing
Deckadance is available for sale to the public in 2 editions and as an OEM version as Deckadance LE. Pricing has been revised to represent even better value to customers.
Deckadance v2 DVS ($149):
- All Deckadance 2 features including DVS support.
Deckadance v2 ($79):
- All Deckadance 2 features excluding DVS support. Manual mixing control is available via any of the supported MIDI controllers or MIDI mapping.
Deckadance v2 LE (Free, OEM only):
- No DVS (support for digital vinyl/CD).
- No Smartknob's editor (limited amount of presets).
- No Grossbeat's editor (limited amount of presets).
- No MIDI mapping. Linked to OEM controller/s.
- No audio recording.
- No VST hosting of plugins.
- No VST plugin/client version (can't be run in Live/FL Studio).
28 Mar 2014 Image Line updates FL Studio to v11.1
24 Feb 2014 Image-Line updates IL Remote for iOS and Android
18 Dec 2013 Image Line End of Year Sale: 40 to 70% Off
28 Nov 2013 Image Line updates FL Studio to v11.0.4
15 May 2013 Image Line releases FL Studio 11
19 Apr 2013 Image Line releases FL Studio Mobile for Android
16 Apr 2013 Image Line releases Deckadance 2
01 May 2012 Image-Line updates FL Studio Mobile to v1.4.1
16 Apr 2012 Image Line updates FL Studio Mobile to v1.4
23 Jan 2014 Xchange Market Platform releases Epix Bundle 10