Image Line has released version 2.0 of the DJ mixing application Deckadance for Windows and Mac OS X, a free update for existing customers.
Deckadance 2 represents a complete overhaul of the program in response to 8 years experience and customer feedback. Ideally suited to the evolving DJ scene with live-remixing as key, Deckadance 2 integrates the features more commonly found in DAW software such as FL Studio, Cubase or Live, used by producers to remix music. These features include loop-triggering and playback, automatable effects/GUI and VST plugin support.
Notable & New Features:
- Decks – Switch between 2 or 4 decks.
- Smartknobs - Link a single knob to any number of FX & Mixer interface targets under user-programmable envelope control.
- GrossBeat - 8 user defined FX per deck with integrated editor. Programmable and automated glitch, stutter & scratch functions.
- Isolator Effects - Up to 3 chained insert effects per track (choose from 10) applied independently to High/Mid or Low band.
- Sampler – 1/32 to 16 step beat-matched easy sampling. One shot, trigger, retrigger and loop modes.
- Smart Panels – User configurable Loop, Cue, Grid, DVS, Key, Smart Knob and Tempo panels. From 2 to 8 per deck.
- Customizable interface – Show only the features you use. Configure decks and smart panels to show your most used features.
- VSTi host & client - Hosts VST plugins. Includes Effector VST plugin (see below).
- Total MIDI Support – Wide range of pre-mapped MIDI controllers and the ability to custom map any MIDI controller to work with Deckadance 2.
- Library – iTunes library support. Play lists and automated mixing options.
In addition to the internal effects, Deckadance 2 includes the Effector VST plugin with 12 performance oriented effects: Distortion, Lo-Fi bit reduction, Flanging, Phasing, Filter (low/high pass), Delay, Reverb, Stereo panning & binaural effect, Gating, Granulizer, Vocal formant and Ring modulation effects.
Editions & Pricing
Deckadance is available for sale to the public in 2 editions and as an OEM version as Deckadance LE. Pricing has been revised to represent even better value to customers.
Deckadance v2 DVS ($149):
- All Deckadance 2 features including DVS support.
Deckadance v2 ($79):
- All Deckadance 2 features excluding DVS support. Manual mixing control is available via any of the supported MIDI controllers or MIDI mapping.
Deckadance v2 LE (Free, OEM only):
- No DVS (support for digital vinyl/CD).
- No Smartknob's editor (limited amount of presets).
- No Grossbeat's editor (limited amount of presets).
- No MIDI mapping. Linked to OEM controller/s.
- No audio recording.
- No VST hosting of plugins.
- No VST plugin/client version (can't be run in Live/FL Studio).