Groove Machine is a software emulation of the classic Groove Box that brings live performance features within the DAW software of choice or as a stand-alone application. Key abilities include per-step automation and flexible MIDI-learn functions.
Groove Machine features:
- Synths - 5 hybrid (Subtractive/FM) synthesizer channels.
- Samplers - 8 flexible sampler channels, each with 4 sample layers.
- Effects - 10 DJ-style effects + EQ and Stutter PER channel.
- Step-sequencer - with per-step automation allowing PER step note sculpting of all interface parameters.
- Flexible views - Step / Drum sequencer / Piano roll views.
- Performance - Optimized for live performance.
- Controllers - Internal link system for maximum compatibility with all MIDI controllers.
- Multi out - Multiple independent outputs for the 5 synth & 8 sampler channels.
- Styles - Ideal for dub-step, trance, house & hip-hop producers.
Groove Machine costs $149 and is available for Windows and Mac OS X in VST, AU and stand-alone formats.
Notable changes in v1.0.2:
- All keyboard shortcuts now work on Mac OS.
- Tweaks & actions now recorded when in record mode.
- Various smaller bug fixes.
Notable changes in v1.0.1:
- CPU optimizations for low-latency audio.
- Fixed stutter crash that occurred in some cases.
- Fixed stutter freezes that occurred in some cases.
- Sample loading now remembers recent folder and opens from there.
- AIFF format waves now load.
- Graphical glitch when opening the note editor fixed.