31st March 2011
Image Line Software has announced the release of the 10th version of its music creation and production program, FL Studio. Image Line Software has also announced that Lifetime Free Updates (LFU) have been extended to all ‘Boxed’ versions purchased from traditional music stores. Previously LFU were granted only to download purchases. LFU are available as a download after online product registration.
FL Studio 10 includes 30 software instruments and over 40 effects covering just about any musical style. Multi-track record up to 99 simultaneous tracks of audio through one of the industries most flexible Mixers. The Playlist workspace can contain an unlimited number of audio tracks and allows the user to arrange discrete audio events in any order or position the creative process dictates.
Key new features in FL Studio 10
- 64 bit plugin support - The Wrapper now automatically detects 64 bit plugins and opens them in 64 Bit 'Bridged' mode.
- Horizontal / vertical zoom & scrolling - Improved Playlist, Piano roll & Event Editor.
- Improved memory management - Two changes have been made to lower demands on FL Studio's memory allocation.
- 32 & 64 Bit VST plugins can be opened in 'Bridged' mode. The maximum memory available to the plugin will be at least 2 GB for 32 Bit Windows and up to 192 GB depending on your version of 64 Bit Windows.
- Audio Clips & Sampler Channels Keep on disk option now opens the sample in a separate memory allocation. Each Audio Clip / Sampler Channel can now load a sample of at least 2 GB for 32 Bit & 64 Bit Windows versions.
- Project Picker – Allows preview and selection of Clips in the Playlist & Patterns for improved workflow. Inter-Clip relationships are also displayed.
- Improved audio options - ASIO: 'Mix in bufferswitch' and 'Triple buffer' may improve performance with some ASIO drivers. ASIO/Primary Sound: Revised 'Playback tracking' options to help with alignment of visual & recorded events where soundcard problems exist.
- Autosave / Autobackup - FL Studio can now be set to back up the current project at 5 to 15 minute intervals. Never lose project data again.
- Fruity Edition – Now gains access to Playlist Pattern Clips for unlimited scoring and automation flexibility.
- Save as sheet music - The Piano roll Menu option File > Export as score sheet saves the current Piano roll as a.pdf in standard musical notation.
- Magic lasso - Circle mouse around Notes or Clips without clicking to make a selection. Time segment options - Beats has been added to Playlist: View > Time segments options. Time segments shade the background.
- Edit Ghost notes - Double Right-click on Ghost note or X1 button.
- Cycle Piano rolls - Shift + H or J cycles through data in Piano rolls.
- Vertical zoom - Vertical zoom now possible & notes include properties view.
- Note stretch handle - On note selection to rescale length.
- Piano roll wave-display - Displays waveform behind notes to align notes to audio events.
- Piano roll & Playlist sync - Editing in the Piano roll while in Song mode will now move the Playlist transport in sync with the Piano roll.
- Ctrl+B - Duplicates selection, zoom-range, all (no selection).
- New note view - Rounded notes view.
- Resize Playlist tracks - Ctrl + Middle-click on Playlist tracks to resize them.
- Preview/playback tool in Playlist - Press Alt + Right-click to preview Audio and Pattern Clips.
- Time segment options - Beats has been added to Piano roll 'View > Time segments' options. Time segments shade the background.
- Lock Playlist tracks to clips - Right-click on Playlist tracks to lock and mimic Block-tracks.
- Shift + Mouse Wheel - Move Channels, Mixer Tracks, Playlist Tracks & Patterns.
- Playlist Preview Tool - Play back clips by clicking on them with the Playback tool.
- Individually sizable Playlist tracks - Any or all Playlist tracks can now be resized by dragging on the divider between the name areas. Individual tracks can also be locked at a desired size.
- Live Playlist marker types - Playlist Time Markers can be set to Loop, Pause or Skip for innovative live performances.
- Ctrl+B - Duplicates selection, zoom-range, all (no selection).
- Larger mixer view & waveform metering - The Mixer View options include 'Wide tracks' and 'Waveforms'.
- Fully automatic PDC - The default for new projects, automatic Plugin Delay Compensation updates the PDC settings when changes are detected.
New plugins released with FL Studio 10:
- Newtone (demo) - is a pitch-correction and time manipulation editor. Slice, correct, edit vocals, instrumentals and other recordings.
- Pitcher (demo) - is a real-time pitch-correction, manipulation & harmonization plugin that can correct and create 4 voice harmonies under MIDI control from a keyboard or the Piano roll.
- Patcher (free) – save complete instrument & effect plugin chains as a single preset.
- ZGameEditor Vizualizer (free) – visualization effect plugin with movie render capability. The free open source ZgameEditor can be used to create visualization create objects for ZGameEditor Visualizer.
FL Studio 10 is available for purchase online (via download) or in boxed format through traditional music & software outlets. All downloadable AND boxed versions now include Lifetime FREE Updates available as a download after online registration of the product.
Editions & Prices
Image Line Software has announced that prices for all editions remain unchanged:
- Express Edition (US $ 49, download only).
- Fruity Edition (US $ 99 download / US $ 139 boxed).
- Producer Edition (US $ 199 download / US $ 269 boxed).
- Signature Edition (US $ 299 download /US $ 399 boxed).
Additional information on FL Studio is available at www.flstudio.com
15 May 2013 Image Line releases FL Studio 11
19 Apr 2013 Image Line releases FL Studio Mobile for Android
16 Apr 2013 Image Line releases Deckadance 2
01 May 2012 Image-Line updates FL Studio Mobile to v1.4.1
16 Apr 2012 Image Line updates FL Studio Mobile to v1.4
19 Sep 2011 Image Line releases Harmor - Additive Synth
23 Aug 2011 Image Line updates Deckadance to v1.9.3
25 Jul 2011 Image Line updates FL Studio Mobile to v1.1
18 Jul 2011 Image Line updates VST Plug-ins
26 May 2011 Image Line updates Deckadance to v1.9
20 May 2011 Image Line updates FL Studio to v10.0.2
09 Apr 2013 Novation announces LaunchPad S
19 Jun 2003 FL Studio Winners!
10 Jun 2003 Vote for the FL Studio Winners!
08 May 2003 New Competition : Win FL Studio!