Impact Soundworks has released Peak Rider 2, a dynamics and frequency processing FX plug-in designed for smooth shaping of a wide range of audio content. Available for Mac/PC in VST, AU, AAX, and RTAS formats, the plug-in uses 5 unique modes to analyze a sidechain signal and apply it to a main input, yielding a variety of results from transient design and vocal riding, to rhythmic sound design and precision EQ.
Unlike a traditional compressor, limiter, or expander, Peak Rider 2 applies continuous gain and reduction based on the sidechain. For example, a vocal part being matched to the internal synth side chain will be boosted when the vocal falls below the sidechain, and attentuated when it rises above.
The depth and range of processing can be significantly edited, with multiple algorithms, detection modes, envelope shaping settings, and multi-band capability.
- Five unique processing modes for dynamics & frequency.
- Gain-compensating parametric EQ (up to 12 bands).
- Uses external sidechain, internal copy, or generated signal.
- Wide and multi band processing.
- Stereo L/R and mid/side modes.
- Three detection algorithms: Peak, RMS, Smooth (look-ahead).
- Adjustable range and mix settings.
- Full control over envelope reaction time: attack, decay, transient.
- PC and Mac VST2, VST3 - 32 and 64-bit.
- Mac Audio Units.
- PC and Mac AAX (Pro Tools).
- PC RTAS (legacy Pro Tools).
Price: $99. Owners of the original Peak Rider can upgrade for $10.