Impact Soundworks has released Super Audio Cart for Kontakt, a virtual instrument featuring authentic samples of 7 classic video game systems and powered by a hybrid synth engine. With over 1,000 classic and modern factory presets, the instrument is designed not just for retro & chiptune music but any current genre from trap and trance ot cinematic underscore.
Produced in collaboration with the OverClocked ReMix video game music community, Super Audio Cart was designed to capture classic sound chips from the 2600, C64, NES, GB, SMS, SNES, and GEN systems with authenticity. Actual hardware was recorded to preserve the true output of each system, with all of the lo-fi character each is known for.
While old-school video game music enthusiasts will appreciate the 600+ available sound sources, the Super Audio Cart engine is also intended to allow for advanced sound design possibilities.
- Four layer architecture with independent controls.
- Poly-arpeggiator, sequencer and gate.
- Pitch, mapping, and playback parameters.
- Over a dozen filter models.
- Five separate FX racks with 8 modules each.
- Custom "SNESVERB" module.
- 64-slot modulation matrix.
- Free CC/MIDI assignment to any parameter.
Price: $149, with full Kontakt Player compatibility and full support for the Native Instruments NKS standard (Komplete Kontrol, Maschine).
Overview & Sound Walkthrough.