Impact Soundworks has announced the release of Sitar Nation: Classical Instruments of India, a new sample library for Kontakt.
Sitar Nation: Classical Instruments of India is a comprehensive collection of four traditional Indian instruments, sampled extensively with numerous velocity layers, round-robins, articulations and mic positions. Instruments recorded include a hand-crafted, gourdless sitar that was custom-made from seven-year old seasoned wood, a tampura (accompaniment instrument), tabla and baya (hand percussion.)
The library features:
- All the crucial playing techniques of the sitar, tampura, tabla and baya, performed by expert players to allow for realistic sequences and MIDI performances
- Three mic positions - room, close and ambient.
- An entire folder of special FX patches, using both offline and realtime processing within Kontakt to achieve entirely new sounds.
- Patch programming makes full use of Kontakt's capabilities - performance enhancing scripts (legato, humanization), sound manipulation, intuitive mapping, etc.
- A variety of tabla and baya MIDI grooves compatible with any sequencer at any tempo.
- Unlocked, 24 bit / 44.1khz audio content that can be loaded into any sampler or sequencer.
Priced at $119, Sitar Nation is available as a direct download via the Impact Soundworks web site.