In Session Audio has announced the release of Soundtrack Acoustic Guitar, a new sample loop library in Kontakt, WAV and AIFF formats that presents "a sensitive finger-tip touch to an array of emotive chords, progressions and single line melodies". Performed and recorded with sophistication and depth, this loop library can set a foundation or top off an existing idea for anyone producing delicate and expressive music.
Soundtrack Acoustic Guitar is available with a $40 discount and 48 loop bonus set for $69.99 through Sunday, April 13, 2014, at InSessionAudio.com. Downloadable Demo Loops are available in all formats.
In Session Audio Producer's Notes:
"We wanted to give the composer options. So we came up with a layout that offers lots of parts for each suite and has the ability to seamlessly combine melodic lines with chordal passages for a "two player" sound.
To achieve a broader range of tones and feel, nearly every suite had its chordal passages recorded with a capo placed at a different fret of the guitar's neck. The entire range of the neck was used for the melody lines.
The guitar used on this project was a Lowden O25C. All chordal passages were recorded in stereo using a Neumann KM184 cardioid condenser microphone paired with a Studio Projects T3 vacuum tube microphone. All melody lines were recorded in stereo using a pair of KM184s. Everything was recorded through a Benchmark PRE420 preamp."
- Size: Approximately 1 GB of uncompressed audio for each format.
- Parts: 336.
- Sound: Dry. Kontakt users have a menu of reverb types and other effects that can be applied and modified.
- Copy Protected: Custom Watermarked.
- Quality: Stereo 24-bit 44.1kHz.
- Available Formats: Kontakt, Wav or Aif.
- Requirements: The Kontakt format of the library requires the current full-retail version of Native Instruments' Kontakt 5. The free Kontakt Player is not recommend as it only allows 15 minutes of use before timing out. The installer requires an Internet enabled computer with Windows XP or higher or a 64-bit Mac running 10.6.8 or higher.