Intermorphic has announced the release of Mixtikl 3, a major free update for the Generative Music Lab & Modular Synth for Windows, Mac OS X and iOS. Mixtikl 3.0 is a huge advance over Mixtikl 2.x in terms of power, features, mix customisation and included content.
- Inline "live" synth editing allowing total customisation of Partikl synth sounds and FX.
- Inline "live" Noatikl scale and harmony rule customisation at content cell and global mix level.
- Includes 4 new unlocked Tiklpaks and 4 earlier purchasable Tiklpaks (meaning over 380 parts are now included).
- Content cell root and pitch offset controls as well as content cell FX.
- Control-rate LFO now includes tempo-sync option and random level bouncing option (cool with filters.).
- Copying of zip paks into Mixtikl via App File Sharing now included.
- Improved: Better looking, easier to use, much more responsive UI and simply better sounding.
- Improved: Knob/slider control behaviour.
- Improved: All mixes now saved to User_Content folder for easier synching with desktop (older mixes also moved there).
- Improved: Increased mix/mic recordings limit to 1000 bars.
- Improved: File format update means tweeted mixtikls can now include full synth & fx customisations.
- Improved: Synth / fx network editor now has colour-coded units, connecting cables & context-sensitive gadgets.
- Improved: Partikl file loaded into Mixtikl from e.g. clipboard, plays back automatically in Mixtikl mixer.
- Fixed: Many, many general usability & performance improvements and bug fixes.