iZotope and GRAMMY-nominated composer and technologist, BT, have combined creative forces to bring you BreakTweaker, a drum sculpting and beat sequencing environment that "blurs the line between rhythm and melody".
"We are a company that loves to make innovative products, taking the best of the past and forging into the future. We were able to collaborate with BT's forward-thinking vision on BreakTweaker, and we're proud to offer something incredibly unique and brand-new to the world of drum machines," says iZotope Product Manager, Jack Cote.
Powered by three distinct modules, the Sequencer, the Generator, and a futuristic MicroEdit Engine, BreakTweaker is a creative rhythmic instrument that can be used with any DAW and MIDI controller. Perfect for anyone looking to create truly original and dynamic beats, it's a new platform for rhythmic composition.
- Manipulate audio at a molecular level: control pitch, rhythm, and texture at the finest resolution available.
- Escape traditional drum grids: create complex polyrhythmic beats with unique isorhythm and playback speed settings.
- Get over 2 GB of professional, royalty-free content: explore presets, drum samples, and wavetables designed by today's top musicians and DJs, including BT.
- Craft your own drum sounds: blend drum samples with robust synthesis features to generate compelling hybrid sounds.
- Take control of your beats: Easily trigger and sequence complex patterns and samples using any MIDI controller.
Designed by BT
Following their joint release of the live re-mixing plug-in, Stutter Edit, BT and iZotope are now back again with BreakTweaker. Featuring BT's patented micro edit technology based on pioneering rhythmic sound design research, BreakTweaker aims to change the way we think about rhythm and pitch.
"I've always been intrigued by the way humans perceive rhythm, particularly the threshold point of where the ear perceives rhythm as pitch," describes BT, "The idea of exploring and exploiting this threshold inspired BreakTweaker, a tool where I could finally realize rhythmic possibilities that I once imagined but had never before been able to hear."
iZotope will also be showcasing BreakTweaker at the 2014 NAMM Show in Anaheim, CA. Visit iZotope's NAMM Booth #6920 for live demos.
Pricing & Availability
BreakTweaker is now available for $199 through February 19, 2014 (reg. $249 MSRP). BreakTweaker Expanded is now available for $249 through February 19, 2014 (reg. $299 MSRP) and includes three add-on Expansions: Vintage Machines, Cinematic Textures, and Kicks & Snares by Beatport Sounds. BreakTweaker Expanded is also available as part of iZotope's Creative Bundle for $599, which also includes Stutter Edit, Iris (plus seven Iris Sound Libraries), and Trash 2 (plus two Trash Expansions).
Supported operating systems:
- Windows: XP SP3 or later, x64, 7, 8.
- Mac: OS X 10.6.8 or later (Intel-based Macs only).
- AAX (Pro Tools 11).
- RTAS/AudioSuite (Pro Tools 7.4-10).
- VST and VST 3.
- Audio Unit.
Watch the BreakTweaker overview video: youtu.be/ErVxMz5tVek
05 Mar 2014 iZotope updates BreakTweaker to v1.01
18 Dec 2013 iZotope updates RX 3 to v3.02
19 Oct 2013 iZotope updates RX3 to v3.0.1
18 Oct 2013 iZotope releases Nectar 2 Production Suite
19 Sep 2013 iZotope announces Nectar 2
08 Aug 2013 iZotope announces RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced
14 May 2013 iZotope Iris Offers: 30%+ Off
27 Nov 2012 iZotope Trash 2 $149 through December 6, 2012