iZotope has announced an update to its flagship audio repair and enhancement suite, RX. Launching this September, the new RX 4 is designed to be the ultimate companion to a DAW or NLE with new intelligent modules, time-saving features, and deeper levels of integration with their hosts.
- Easily adjust and balance the volume of vocals and instruments with the new non-destructive editing feature, Clip Gain.
- Reduce distracting background noise from dialogue and vocals in real time with the Dialogue Denoiser (now a standard feature with both RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced).
- Streamline the editing process with a round-trip workflow compatible with Pro Tools, Logic, and other popular hosts through the RX Connect functionality.
For audio professionals in post production, music production, and mastering, the Advanced version of RX 4 includes additional time-saving features to reliably deliver great-sounding results:
- Automatically balance the volume of mixes with the Leveler, freeing more time for creative mix decisions.
- Ensure a consistent-sounding mix by seamlessly matching multiple recordings with varying sonic profiles via EQ Match.
- RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced are coming in September. Specific pricing details will be available at that time.
- Customers who purchase RX 3 after August 7, 2014 will receive a free upgrade to RX 4 upon release.
- Customers who purchase RX 3 Advanced after August 7, 2014 will receive a free upgrade to RX 4 Advanced upon release.
- Special upgrade pricing to RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced will be available for all previous RX customers upon release.
Both RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced can be used as a standalone audio editor or as a plug-in. Supported plug-in formats include 64-bit AAX (Pro Tools 11), RTAS/AudioSuite (Pro Tools 7.4-10), VST, VST 3, and Audio Unit.