31st October 2012
iZotope has announced Trash 2, a new version of the distortion and audio mangler. Fully overhauled from version 1, Trash 2 adds a wealth of new features including twenty new distortion algorithms, fresh filter modules, fifty new impulse responses, multi-band waveshaping, 64-bit support and more.
It's been nearly a decade since Trash first arrived, and it's remained a cult favorite of artists such as Nine Inch Nails, Noisia, Garbage, KoRn, Sigur Rós, and anyone looking to add dirt, grime, and character to their tracks. Now, nearly ten years later, Trash is back. Completely rewritten from the ground up, Trash 2 is designed to take the best of Trash and makes it better. With an entirely new sonic architecture, brand new features, optimized performance, better sound quality, and support for modern hosts and formats, Trash 2 is intended for audio mangling, distortion, and experimentation.
- Distort with the Trash module's 20 new distortion algorithms, designed for transforming sound into something never before heard.
- The user can Design their own unique distortions, from massive to mild and everything in between, with a new, customizable, multiband waveshaper.
- New Convolve module. Choose from over 100 impulse responses or load custom responses to simulate bass in a washing machine or a snare in a cave.
- Redesigned dual Filters that include new vowel formant filters, screaming peaks, node modulations, and more.
- Extensive new preset library and a Limiter that is designed to be ear friendly.
Pricing and Availability
Trash 2 will be released mid-November 2012. Trash 1 customers who purchased after October 1, 2012 will receive a free upgrade to Trash 2 upon release. Special upgrade pricing will be available for all previous Trash owners.