18th April 2012
iZotope has released iZotope Iris, described as a new concept in sound design and sample manipulation in the form of a "visual instrument."
Powered by iZotope's visual feedback technology, Iris lets you unearth a world of sounds you've never heard before. Delve into Iris's spectrogram to extract, layer, manipulate, and discover new sounds from within any audio file. With extended synthesis features, hundreds of presets, and 4 GB of source material, Iris is an impressive tool for sound design, musical inspiration, and sonic experimentation.
Iris Key Features:
- Discover what's hidden: Bring any audio file into Iris and isolate the most interesting spectral portions with a comprehensive set of easy-to-use selection tools. Play your completely custom sound instantly from any MIDI controller.
- Become a mad sonic scientist: Create new textures and dramatic soundscapes by layering multiple sounds from similar or completely diverse audio sources.
- Stay musical: Rely on intelligent root note detection to help shape musical material from noise, ambient textures, and soundscapes, then use advanced controls to tweak, modulate, and add effects to taste—all powered by iZotope's DSP.
- Start playing immediately: A world of sound design is at your fingertips, with hundreds of presets from world-class sound designers and 4 GB of audio samples, including recordings of insects, animals, machines, vintage synthesizers, musical instruments and much more.
Even More Sounds
In addition, iZotope has released two complementary sound libraries designed exclusively for use with Iris: Glass and Wood. A bundled version of Iris, Glass and Wood, Iris+2, is also available at a special price.
- Glass ($49 MSRP) is a shimmering collection of glass ambiences, reimagined via Iris's spectral selection capabilities. A lyrical study in lush chords, shining leads, and soothing basses, Glass transforms sonic experiments into accessible musical inspiration. Within the 100 patches of Glass, you'll hear exploits with bottles, mirrors, marbles, glasses, shards, and even glassblowing torches. The resulting sounds are inviting, uplifting, and unusual. This library is for players exploring original sound design in a musical and meaningful context.
- Wood ($29 MSRP) is an adventurous assortment of creatively-recorded samples, all produced from our friends, the trees. Made entirely of unusual wooden encounters, Wood fully embodies the creative potential of Iris's visual selections. From basket smashing to door slamming, from drumming on guitars to grandma's creaky deckchair, Wood pushes musical boundaries as each texture evolves. Blending dense and earthy tones into complex layers, Wood's 100 patches sound like an avant-garde composition right out of the box.
Pricing and Availability
Iris is available for Windows and Mac OS X in Standalone and RTAS/AudioSuite, VST, VST 3 and Audio Unit plug-in formats.
The MSRP is $249 but Iris is available now for a special introductory price of $149 through April 30, 2012, a $100 savings off the MSRP. Iris+2 (including Glass and Wood Sound Libraries) is available now for $199, a $100 savings off the MSRP of $299. Glass ($49) and Wood ($29) are also now available for individual purchase, and compatible exclusively with Iris.
For more product information, demos, and ordering information, visit www.izotope.com/iris.
14 May 2013 iZotope Iris Offers: 30%+ Off
27 Nov 2012 iZotope Trash 2 $149 through December 6, 2012
18 Sep 2012 iZotope releases "Toys Sound Library" for Iris
18 Apr 2012 iZotope releases Iris - Visual Instrument
14 Mar 2012 iZotope Acquires Imagine Research
28 Feb 2012 Audiokinetic Announces New iZotope Partnership
25 Nov 2011 iZotope updates Ozone to v5.01
10 Nov 2011 iZotope releases Ozone 5 and Ozone 5 Advanced
03 Dec 2012 Plugin Boutique offers 40% Off Izotope Trash 2