13th September 2013
iZotope has released the much-anticipated update to its spectral audio editing and repair suite, RX.
RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced provide audio professionals with a completely redesigned user interface, the ability to reduce or remove reverb, clean up dialogue in realtime, and new features for post production, music production, mastering, and more.
"Anytime you put a microphone on a sound and record it—whether it's a vocal, an acoustic guitar, or a snare drum - you're going to pick up a variety of unwanted noises. These user experiences are what RX is built on," explains Alex Westner, Director of Product Management at iZotope, Inc. "RX 3 now provides even more features to help enhance audio for all musical applications, from simple podcast recording to professional mastering."
Key Features: What's New in RX 3 Advanced?
- Remove or reduce reverb from audio using the new Dereverb module.
- Clean up dialogue in real time with the new Dialogue Denoiser.
- Monitor your audio and loudness compliance using Insight, iZotope's comprehensive metering suite, now included with RX 3 Advanced.
- Advanced features and settings for Declip, Declick, Time & Pitch, Channel Operations and more.
What's New in RX 3?
- Work up to six times faster than before in the RX 3 standalone application, thanks to intelligent DSP and optimized multicore processing.
- Time-saving features like a completely redesigned user interface, the new RX Document format and multi-file workflow.
- Addition of audio recording and monitoring, SRC sample rate conversion, waveform statistics, and more.
- Overall enhancements to Denoise and Declip modules, parametric EQ, drawing and selection tools, MBIT+ dither, and more.
iZotope RX 3 transforms troubled recordings into professional-grade material with remedies for noise, clipping, hum, buzz, crackles, and more. With an intuitive spectral editor and 10+ intelligent modules, RX 3 enables you to fix troubled audio with power and precision.
Pricing and Availability
RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced are available now. RX 3 works as a standalone application, or as a suite of plug-ins for use in a host, including many popular DAWs and NLEs. Supported plug-in formats include AAX for Pro Tools 11, RTAS, Audio Suite, VST & VST 3, and Audio Unit.
Through September 27, 2013, get RX 3 for $249 (Reg. $349/ €285) MSRP or get RX 3 Advanced for $749 (Reg. $1199 / €919) MSRP.
RX 2 or RX 2 Advanced users who purchased after July 1, 2013 will receive a free upgrade to RX 3. Users of previous RX versions can log in to their iZotope accounts at for upgrade information and special upgrade pricing.
05 Mar 2014 iZotope updates BreakTweaker to v1.01
18 Dec 2013 iZotope updates RX 3 to v3.02
19 Oct 2013 iZotope updates RX3 to v3.0.1
18 Oct 2013 iZotope releases Nectar 2 Production Suite
19 Sep 2013 iZotope announces Nectar 2
08 Aug 2013 iZotope announces RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced
14 May 2013 iZotope Iris Offers: 30%+ Off
27 Nov 2012 iZotope Trash 2 $149 through December 6, 2012