13th September 2013
iZotope has released the much-anticipated update to its spectral audio editing and repair suite, RX.
RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced provide audio professionals with a completely redesigned user interface, the ability to reduce or remove reverb, clean up dialogue in realtime, and new features for post production, music production, mastering, and more.
"Anytime you put a microphone on a sound and record it—whether it's a vocal, an acoustic guitar, or a snare drum - you're going to pick up a variety of unwanted noises. These user experiences are what RX is built on," explains Alex Westner, Director of Product Management at iZotope, Inc. "RX 3 now provides even more features to help enhance audio for all musical applications, from simple podcast recording to professional mastering."
Key Features: What's New in RX 3 Advanced?
- Remove or reduce reverb from audio using the new Dereverb module.
- Clean up dialogue in real time with the new Dialogue Denoiser.
- Monitor your audio and loudness compliance using Insight, iZotope's comprehensive metering suite, now included with RX 3 Advanced.
- Advanced features and settings for Declip, Declick, Time & Pitch, Channel Operations and more.
What's New in RX 3?
- Work up to six times faster than before in the RX 3 standalone application, thanks to intelligent DSP and optimized multicore processing.
- Time-saving features like a completely redesigned user interface, the new RX Document format and multi-file workflow.
- Addition of audio recording and monitoring, SRC sample rate conversion, waveform statistics, and more.
- Overall enhancements to Denoise and Declip modules, parametric EQ, drawing and selection tools, MBIT+ dither, and more.
iZotope RX 3 transforms troubled recordings into professional-grade material with remedies for noise, clipping, hum, buzz, crackles, and more. With an intuitive spectral editor and 10+ intelligent modules, RX 3 enables you to fix troubled audio with power and precision.
Pricing and Availability
RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced are available now. RX 3 works as a standalone application, or as a suite of plug-ins for use in a host, including many popular DAWs and NLEs. Supported plug-in formats include AAX for Pro Tools 11, RTAS, Audio Suite, VST & VST 3, and Audio Unit.
Through September 27, 2013, get RX 3 for $249 (Reg. $349/ €285) MSRP or get RX 3 Advanced for $749 (Reg. $1199 / €919) MSRP.
RX 2 or RX 2 Advanced users who purchased after July 1, 2013 will receive a free upgrade to RX 3. Users of previous RX versions can log in to their iZotope accounts at for upgrade information and special upgrade pricing.