29th October 2004
The release includes Ozone, a 64-bit analog modeled mastering system; Trash, a 64-bit classic amp, distortion, delay, and filter simulator; and Spectron, a versatile spectral-based effect. Vinyl, a record simulator, is already available as a free download for Mac OS X.
Ozone is a 64-bit integrated mastering system featuring analog modeling with options for digitally transparent processing. Features include:
- Loudness maximizer with Intelligent Release Control for extremely transparent limiting
- Proprietary MBIT+ wordlength reduction technology (dither)
- Tube modeled multiband dynamics with analog and linear-phase crossover modes, RMS and peak detection
- Tube modeled EQ with linear phase mode for digitally transparent equalization, intelligent matching function for spectrum matching
- 64-bit acoustically modeled reverb
Trash sets a new standard in distortion and amp modeling. With its wide range of 64-bit box, cabinet, and speaker models, multiband distortion algorithms, fully sweepable and triggerable filters, and unique delay module, Trash is able to provide a superior sound with tremendous flexibility. Highlights include:
- 48 distortion types ranging from tube overdrive to the fuzz of germanium transistors. Chain pairs of distortions together for sonic destruction at 64-bit precision, or split the signal into multiple bands and apply distortion independently to individual frequencies.
- Realistic modeling of 85 amp cabinets and speakers. Classics, combos, boutique models, stacks... a tone and character for any occasion.
- 36 filters that can be LFO or envelope triggered through a unique graphical display. Synth filters, resonant filters, classic analog filters and more.
- Multiband dynamics and gating to control the peaks and tame the noise.
- Trash the echo with a selection of classic lo-fi delays. Tape delay with saturation and nonlinear tape machine artifacts, tape-tube delay with added tube saturation modeling, classic analog delay with analog degradation and Lo-fi digital delay with quantization noise and aliasing.
Spectron is designed around the Spectron Engine, a powerful core which decomposes audio into thousands of frequency bands for spectral processing. Spectron offers a powerful interface which lets sound designers control groups of frequency bands with virtually unlimited options for sweeping and triggering. By chaining effects including morphing, panning, delay/feedback combinations and filtering, it's easy to find a unique sound with Spectron. Features include:
- Morph module for effects reminiscent of a vocoder but with frequency-selective amount control
- Spectral-based delay with independent delay and feedback control for each frequency band
- Spectral-based stereo panning
- Filter module for frequency-selective attenuation
- Smear module including four independent delay lines with flanger-style LFO for smoothing the output of the Spectron Engine
- Innovative interface allows for virtually unlimited sweeping and triggering options, includes advanced LFO settings with amplitude, frequency and pulse-width modulation.
Ozone v3.0.5, Spectron v1.0.5, Trash v1.0.5 and Vinyl v1.7.1. Changes are unspecified.
05 Mar 2014 iZotope updates BreakTweaker to v1.01
18 Dec 2013 iZotope updates RX 3 to v3.02
19 Oct 2013 iZotope updates RX3 to v3.0.1
18 Oct 2013 iZotope releases Nectar 2 Production Suite
19 Sep 2013 iZotope announces Nectar 2
08 Aug 2013 iZotope announces RX 3 and RX 3 Advanced
14 May 2013 iZotope Iris Offers: 30%+ Off
27 Nov 2012 iZotope Trash 2 $149 through December 6, 2012
20 Sep 2013 iZotope Nectar Elements 70% Off
03 Dec 2012 Plugin Boutique offers 40% Off Izotope Trash 2
09 Apr 2003 Effect Frenzy! It's Competition time again!