22nd January 2014
J says "Ideally, you should never need this, but I came up with this idea after a terrible live session where my DAW kept hanging/crashing due to a problematic untested combination (It's always a bad idea to prepare things the hour before)."
"So, I thought it would be useful to have something that could have a second plug-in ready to replace one that for some reason stops working, or even try to recover it. I added some extra features while making it, like for example a global console window where you can see notifications about the contained plug-in's status."
What it does:
- Can load VST 2.x plugins inside of it.
- Available as a AU/VST fx/synth.
- Can try to recover a crashed plug-in (it will restore the last saved settings in your DAW). You can also set a 2nd plug-in to be switched to if something goes wrong.
Current known limitations:
- Shell plugins are not (yet) supported.
- Automation is not available for the contained plugins.
Version 1.0.1 is available in the following formats:
Mac OS X 10.6+:
- AU FX ( 32/64-bit ), 2 ins, 2 outs.
- AU synth ( 32/64-bit ), 0 ins, 2 outs.
- VST2 FX ( 32/64-bit ), 2 ins, 2 outs.
- VST2 synth( 32/64-bit ), 0 ins, 2 outs.
- VST2 32-bit ( FX ), 2 ins, 2 outs.
- VST2 64-bit ( FX ), 2 ins, 2 outs.
- VST2 32-bit ( Synth ), 0 ins, 2 outs.
- VST2 64-bit ( Synth), 0 ins, 2 outs.
22 Jan 2014 J releases PluginFlipFlop
19 Nov 2013 jBridgeM 0.82d beta released
30 Oct 2013 jBridge v1.6 Beta Now Available
13 Sep 2012 jBridgeM for Mac updated to v0.72
28 Jun 2012 jBridgeM for Mac updated to v0.7g
25 May 2012 jBridgeM for Mac updated to v0.68
30 Apr 2012 jBridgeM for Mac updated to v0.65
06 Dec 2011 jBridge updated to v1.4
05 Apr 2011 jBridge updated to v1.3
18 Feb 2010 jBridge updated to v1.19
14 Jan 2010 jBridge updated to v1.18
20 Oct 2009 jBridge updated to v1.14
06 Oct 2009 J releases Custom MIDI Auto-Harmonizer v1.0
05 Oct 2009 jBridge updated to v1.12
28 Sep 2009 J's MIDI Tools updated