J says "Ideally, you should never need this, but I came up with this idea after a terrible live session where my DAW kept hanging/crashing due to a problematic untested combination (It's always a bad idea to prepare things the hour before)."
"So, I thought it would be useful to have something that could have a second plug-in ready to replace one that for some reason stops working, or even try to recover it. I added some extra features while making it, like for example a global console window where you can see notifications about the contained plug-in's status."
What it does:
- Can load VST 2.x plugins inside of it.
- Available as a AU/VST fx/synth.
- Can try to recover a crashed plug-in (it will restore the last saved settings in your DAW). You can also set a 2nd plug-in to be switched to if something goes wrong.
Current known limitations:
- Shell plugins are not (yet) supported.
- Automation is not available for the contained plugins.
Version 1.0.1 is available in the following formats:
Mac OS X 10.6+:
- AU FX ( 32/64-bit ), 2 ins, 2 outs.
- AU synth ( 32/64-bit ), 0 ins, 2 outs.
- VST2 FX ( 32/64-bit ), 2 ins, 2 outs.
- VST2 synth( 32/64-bit ), 0 ins, 2 outs.
- VST2 32-bit ( FX ), 2 ins, 2 outs.
- VST2 64-bit ( FX ), 2 ins, 2 outs.
- VST2 32-bit ( Synth ), 0 ins, 2 outs.
- VST2 64-bit ( Synth), 0 ins, 2 outs.