Simple Stutter is a free VST Plug-in that gives the exact effect of freezing the audio buffer, only it doesn't do that. What it does is sample the incoming audio through two stages then outputs looped samples.
Pitch and speed is manipulated together with 20 octaves of pitch control available.
Simple Stutter Features:
- Stutter preview button.
- 20 octaves of pitch control.
- Small and compact.
- CPU efficient.
- Automation of main controls.
- Simple to use.
- Control via MIDI CCs.
Simple Stutter Pro is a slightly bigger plug-in and can be played with your MIDI keyboard, very similar to playing and recording a VST instrument.
Simple Stutter Pro Additional Features:
- Play and record MIDI notes that trigger the plugin.
- 8 presets.
- Moog filter with cutoff & resonance control.
- Subtle stuttering available via pounder.
- Bit crusher.
- Low frequency oscillator.
- Filter can be modulated.