KarmaFX Synth Modular v1.0 Release Candidate 6 is now available. It expires November, 2007.
KarmaFX has also announced that KarmaFX Synth Modular will be converted from Donationware to Shareware. This means that the Synth will be available in two versions: A DEMO version that is free for trial use, and a FULL Registered version that costs money (price to be announced later). It is therefore no longer possible to donate money in order to sign up for the full registered version.
Donations are still welcome of course. The KarmaFX Plugin Pack is not affected by this change, and will continue to be Donationware. People who have already donated 10$ or more for any KarmaFX plugins are entitled to a free registered version of Synth Modular and will be notified by e-mail.
Changes since RC4:
- Bug fix: Clearing Control Panel MIDI CC assignments now actually works.
- Bug fix: Changing precalc quality in Pad module could crash the synth. Fixed.
- Bug fix: MIDI CC mapping only worked after opening the GUI. Fixed.
- Bug fix: "Harmonics" text in the Additive and Pad displays was not shown properly. Fixed.
- Bug fix: Text in Samplers Velocity Editor was colored wrong due to sign error. Fixed.
- Bug fix: Stereo separation time display always showed 0ms in Delay module. Fixed.
- Bug fix: Step module's internal offset could go out of range. Fixed.
- Bug fix: Forward looping in Sampler could overflow with a loop size of 0. Fixed.
- Bug fix: Oscillators are now initialized to random phases to avoid phase-sync when trigger is off.
- Bug fix: Crop/Cut functionality in Sampler was broken for 24 and 32 bit samples. Fixed.
- Bug fix: Right click menu in Pad's magnitude editor did not work. Fixed.
- Bug fix: Fixed a stupid slowdown bug in RC5 (Registry was accessed in process function by mistake). [RC6]
- Removed all patches containing large samples to save space. These will be included in a separate bank later.
- Created a few extra patches.